Underwater plants! I don't think so.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vinga

Registered
Reaction score
:( Wowee! I just looked at a gallery of twenty pages of photos of "Plants" and they're ALL animals!! Except for two shots of Kelp, on page 6.
This is in Postcards, at the very bottom of this page.
I'm very disappointed in someone......Is this a selection from a large image company? Maybe so.
Cheers,
Melissa

Here! Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click 'postcards'
Makes me sad that some folks know so little.
Guess I'm totally guilty of know-it-allness, but I always try to educate myself....
Cheers,
Melissa
Wowee, and you can edit messages here, good thing.

Originally posted by Vinga
:( Wowee! I just looked at a gallery of twenty pages of photos of "Plants" and they're ALL animals!! Except for two shots of Kelp, on page 6.
This is in Postcards, at the very bottom of this page.
I'm very disappointed in someone......Is this a selection from a large image company? Maybe so.
Cheers,
Melissa
My, my... that's embarrassing... But don't be *too* hard, Vinga.. there's a bit of algae in several of the photos of corals and sponges.
Rick

Looks like anything that isn't a fish or crustacean is thrown in as plants!

From what I understand, these photos are from the contributors to Image Harbor, but I may be wrong. It may just be that more catagories need to be made available when posting your pictures. Or it could be a case of the photographer just not knowing the difference.

Vinga, how many times have we seen folks asking for ID's on 'underwater flowers, verns and cactus'? Just cuz they take a picture of it doesn't mean they know what it is!

Originally posted by Murdock325
Clicked on your link for Dee Rags... you look like a bad @ss! Might have to order one.

I look like a bad @ss? My hair is a little longer than Beast's is, thank you very much!

He had just gotten in from work and was in no mood for pictures before the sun went down!

They were specifically 'planted' there to promote conversation between Marine Biologists and your average diver!:D

Just remember there are a lot of wreck divers out there and if it isn't covered in brass they don't know what to call it.

Can we have all the names in Latin please Vinga?:wink:

Thanks
Aquamore:D

Back
Top Bottom