Underwater Metal Detectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JungleJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a nice lower-middle end metal dectector, I have an old Treasure Ray, but it's not very sophisticated, and I can't use it up north, our lake is full of iron ore. I'd like something that can tell me I am looking at a penny vs something more valueable , thus save time digging around.

Any thoughts or ideas on models etc... I see alot of ones on Ebay that seem to be priced nice, but Are they crap or what ????

thanks in advance for your input.... PM me if you need to

JungleJoe:
I'm looking for a nice lower-middle end metal dectector, I have an old Treasure Ray, but it's not very sophisticated, and I can't use it up north, our lake is full of iron ore. I'd like something that can tell me I am looking at a penny vs something more valueable , thus save time digging around.

Any thoughts or ideas on models etc... I see alot of ones on Ebay that seem to be priced nice, but Are they crap or what ????

thanks in advance for your input.... PM me if you need to

I have owned several detectors, the only one that I kept was the excalibur.. It is by far the best I have used.. Unfortunately I have not had anytime to do "hunting" for the last 2 plus years, so I'll probably sell it as well..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom