Underwater Macro Footage_Gopro_H1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lens is 8mm lens, (equivalent of 55mm) and it fit without problem in housing,
dept of field are very short, it's good from 15 to 20 cm from fish

Hello c.fletcher. Thanks for the explanation. Was it easy to change the lens ? When you say 15 to 20 cm, do you mean if the fish is only in focus if it is 15-20 cm away ? Subjects farther than 20 cm are out of focus ?

Hello c.fletcher. Thanks for the explanation. Was it easy to change the lens ? When you say 15 to 20 cm, do you mean if the fish is only in focus if it is 15-20 cm away ? Subjects farther than 20 cm are out of focus ?
It's not too dificult to change the lens, and you can find explanation video on the web site Ragecam
Yes the fish is on focus ONLY when you are between this 2 distances and out of focus farther or closer than thoses distances
This morning i have change the "distance focus" (by crew on the lens) and could get a very small juvenil clown fish, at 5 to 7cm far...
As soon as i process the images i'll post it for you to see
Masing with gopro!
GD Chris

It's not too dificult to change the lens, and you can find explanation video on the web site Ragecam
Yes the fish is on focus ONLY when you are between this 2 distances and out of focus farther or closer than thoses distances
This morning i have change the "distance focus" (by crew on the lens) and could get a very small juvenil clown fish, at 5 to 7cm far...
As soon as i process the images i'll post it for you to see
Masing with gopro!
GD Chris

Researched a little on the Ragecam lenses and it's now starting to make sense. Take apart the GoPro and replace the actual lens. I think I could do that. The Ragecam 8mm lens (50mm FOV equivalent) sounds like the perfect FOV for underwater video, but I don't think I'd want to limit my shooting range to 15-20 cm. Given the cost of the Ragecam lens and the limited focus range, a new more flexible camera is most likely in my future. Will still keep the Hero 3 for the ultra wide angle shots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom