Underwater Macro Footage_Gopro_H1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

55mm lens start to be *Macro* no....!

Usually 60mm is the beginning but in reality 90-100 mm is really macro

In any case your use of the technology is very good there is no other gopro footage so close

Usually 60mm is the beginning but in reality 90-100 mm is really macro

In any case your use of the technology is very good there is no other gopro footage so close

You right, i olso have 12mm lens more or less 70mm, but very difficult to get focus with it and dept of field are very short
i will try it again and post some footage later on

Great video! Must be hard to frame the shots without the LCD backpack.

I've been thinking about alternatives to achieve a similar result with the HERO2 - I had high hopes that macro filters would help, but they don't "zoom in" like changing the lens it self. I considered using a 2X teleconverter but given the GoPro lens' wide field of view, there would be tons of vignetting.

If I could only find a cheapo used HERO 960 on Craigslist, I'd give it a shot. I saw Ragecams has also a 6mm lens, a little less "zoom", I'd go for that

How did you fit the ragecams 50mm lens in the GoPro housing ? Does this lens zoom ? I ask because you said you didn't crop in editing. I noticed some shots were of the head of the fish and another was a close up of a fishes eye. I usually only see varied footage like that from a zoom lens, cropping or a lot of patience easing the camera closer in.

I'd be interested to know what the focal range on those smaller lenses are, ie is the closest 60 cm all in focus and then blurred after that?

How did you fit the ragecams 50mm lens in the GoPro housing ? Does this lens zoom ? I ask because you said you didn't crop in editing. I noticed some shots were of the head of the fish and another was a close up of a fishes eye. I usually only see varied footage like that from a zoom lens, cropping or a lot of patience easing the camera closer in.
The lens is 8mm lens, (equivalent of 55mm) and it fit without problem in housing,
dept of field are very short, it's good from 15 to 20 cm from fish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom