Underwater housing arrived today :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made the images to small and reduced there quality so they look bad. I will be out again tomorrow and will post some more pic's. Does anyone have any tips for me after looking at my photos

Nice close-up on the fish, but please shrink them to 480x640 or at most 600x800 before posting, so we don't have to scroll all over the screen.

Looking good so far!

I would suggest resizing your images to 700 on the longest side so we can see a good sized image while still keeping it small enough so most users do not have to scroll to see the full image. Also, 100kbs or so is a good file size as it is still small enough for those with a slow connection to view.

Looking forward to seeing more!

I use Photobucket. Others use Flickr. There are others out there.

I meant to mention your backscatter...experiment with flipping your camera upside down when you shoot. Sometimes you can help reduce backscatter by doing this...definitely worth trying!

One thing you might want to try also is turning off the internal flash if you're shallow enough and there is sufficient ambient light. Do a white balance and give it a go. This will get rid of much of the backscatter (unless the silt is stirred up already) if you find you're having difficulty doing so while shooting with the flash. Also, the closer you are the less backscatter you're likely going to see when using the flash.

Back
Top Bottom