Underwater housing arrived today :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brand0n

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just received my underwater housing for my cannon power shot sd600

Gonna take it to work and try to get a few minutes to take some shots after all dive work is done. any advice before about pre dive/Post Dive and actual taking of pictures/videos. Thanks

canon-powershot-sd600-ixus-60JPG.JPG

12_1.JPG

Also , the Grey peace with the white cover that goes over the flash & lens, when is this used and its purpose?

thanks

Pressure test the housing first for leaks... I took my housing on a dive WITHOUT the camera the first time to make sure it didn't have any leaks. Don't want to ruin a camera if it does.

The white and gray piece is a diffuser for the flash.... you will definitely notice it when you don't use it. There will be a dark area on the photos. Try taking a few pics with the camera in the case above water with and without the diffuser and you'll see what I mean.

That piece is a flash diffuser. Without it the housing and lens port would produce shadows by blocking some of the light from the flash. The diffuser reduces the shadows.

I also have an SD600 and the underwater housing (got the housing for x-mas) still haven't used it underwater...post some pics!!! I can't wait for this summer to take millions of pics when I go to Bonaire!!!

Thanks for the info, i will defintly get some pics tomorrow, the spot im going the visibility is usually VERY good so im excited to see how they turn out. Theres not much to take pics off but ill jump in the salmon cages get some pics of the thousands of salmon there and i know theres some big scullpins on the bottom, i am getting excited for this haha.

you've made a grave mistake. i made it too, getting into this UW photography stuff.

in 10 dives you'll realize that you need a strobe (or 2). which means you need a tray, arm, and cables.

then you'll want a macro lens and wide angle lens and dome port.

then you'll want to go dslr, and the whole evil cycle repeats itself.

:) have fun.

Just make sure it doesn't leak!!!!

Take a look at my photo gallery... I use the Canon A620 with the underwater housing simm to yours.

yessss please post pics!!!! like I said, I have the same cam and I am super curious what the quality will be like, be sure to shoot in different modes! thanks!

Jack

Ok took a quick dive to take some pics, visibility in this area is usually 40+ today was bad but i still got some pics

The pics are ok but the video quality was great

Here they are

2f058ao.jpg

4cnjtid.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom