Underwater GPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i just got this in my email and sent a list of questions to the good dr.

$700 per wrist and $300 for the boat/bouy 1 mile range max

Thank you for your interest in Navimate™, our revolutionary underwater personal navigation system. We are very excited about the overwhelmingly positive response to our product announcement at the recent DEMA show.

The Navimate™ technology has been in development for more than three years, during which time we have been extensively testing prototype hardware and software. We are now in the process of producing units for retail sale, and anticipate that Navimate™ will be available in May or June of 2010. The wrist unit is planned to retail for $700, and the GPS Gateway (which is hung from a dive boat or buoy, and can support an unlimited number of wrist units) will be $300. We will be offering the GPS gateway free to shops, clubs and other organizations that purchase a minimum number of the wrist units, and will also be placing the gateways on selected dive boats at no cost. Instructor discounts for Navimate™ will also be available. Domestic and international distribution arrangements for Navimate™ will be announced in the near future.

There has been serious interest from a number of major dive computer manufacturers, and we expect that you will see Navimate™ technology integrated into one or more computers during the coming year.

Attached is a Navimate™ brochure, as well as answers to some commonly asked questions. Please watch our website at Navimate - GPS for Divers for information updates, and feel free to contact us at navimate@shbinstruments.com with any questions or suggestions.

Dr. Barry Megdal

President

Shb Instruments, Inc.

19215 Parthenia St., Suite A

Northridge, CA 91324

navimate.shbinstruments.com

(818) 773-2000 (818) 773-2005 fax

navimate@shbinstruments.com

here is the questions i sent to the company

very interesting item navmate.

yor pricing surprised me as far as the boat unit goes.

i am a 20 year retired navy sub sonarman and this product is interesting we used something like this on submarines for use on specialty ranges.

do you have some info (not trade sectets) on how the comunication is working. does the boat bouy have to be oriented for bearing. is the wrist transmitting to provide range data? is there beam forming being done on the wrist or bouy or both. how are divers id's being tracked freq poulse lengh or data streem. it is hard to visulize a wrist unit at 1 mile xmitting with any battery life expectancy.

what is expected acuracy
is the other divers data passed via bouy
battery continous use time
xmission echo effects on data. use in non flat terrain
data update rate.
loss of received data from terrain or body interferance.

i did not ask but i wonder if you get some software to generate your bottom maps??

Back
Top Bottom