Underwater Games to Share?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CelticRavenVA:
I saw some buddy divers playing chess at a simulated deco stop.... The board was really weird though had a pen to move pieces around underneath the top, so they could tuck the board into their bc pocket and not screw up the pieces. I wanted to ask them where they got it but never did run into them again.

Maybe you saw them playing on the Third Millenium Chess set shown here: http://www.magnategames.com/frontpage.asp

I'm headed back out to the quarry in the morning, and I'm going to ask if anyone's participated in a poker run. I'll keep you all posted.

I like to blow bubble rings at the safety stop/deco stop. Basically you get dead neutral in the water, roll on your back, get a normal (not big, you'll start to rise) breath and take your reg out.

Then, stick your tongue out (no pucker face needed) and as you pull it back in, blow out a short but fast burst of air. It should make a 'thpp' sound when you do it on land. With a little practice you're a pro.

Just remember that moving air in and out is what flushes out the nitrogen, so don't do this the whole safety stop :)

My buddy and I dive Haigh Quarry in Illinois...we stop at the concrete blocks and play rock football..same concept as in paper football with fingers as goal posts....but we use the really small rocks. LOL

the rock scissors paper game is more interesting when you have to take your reg out when you loose and cant put it back in until you win.

Yeah it's lots of fun to do at your stops. If you're doing REALLY loooong deco stops take a paperback book. By the end of the dive it will be all wet and you'll be able to read it fine. Of course, once it dries, it's like a brick, but thats a good reason do go diving--so you can finish your book!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom