Underwater Exploration list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Like many others, I have become disenfranchised with the other technical diving lists. In order to remedy this, I have initiated a new forum that will allow civilized discussion in regard to diving, with an obvious slant towards technical diving. However, I hope it will be more than just that.

The Underwater Exploration list is a moderated list where divers, physicians, and scientists can discuss topics relative to underwater exploration. This forum will be a productive, healthy, and friendly environment, where egos, agendas, and insults will not be tolerated or allowed.

This concept has been discussed with marine biologists, archaeologists, geologists, etc., as I have seen a wonderful opportunity for collaboration and exchange of information. It is hoped that this will be a merger of science and diving, unlike what is found in any other list or information source. If someone has a question on fish biology or identification, there will be someone ready to answer it. Likewise in regard to PFOs, shipwreck identification, DCS, carbonate geology, maritime law, or any other allied subject. I have already discussed this with Dr. Michael Ott, Richard Pyle, Grant Gilmore, Bill Hamilton, and many others, all of whom enthusiastically support the idea and have agreed to participate.

Since the messages will be reviewed/moderated, list subscribers can be confident that they will not be subjected to the trash that afflicts other e-mail lists.

I have created a webpage that details all the appropriate information for the list, including the ground rules, instructions for subscribing and unsubscribing, and location of the archives.

Underwater Exploration information page:
http://www.mikey.net/aue/uwex.htm

I encourage anyone with an interest in technical diving and underwater exploration to participate.

Cheers,
Mike

where egos, agendas, and insults will not be tolerated or allowed

You haven't been reading TechDiver have you? :wink:

techdiver is exactly the sort of reason I am creating this list. Many individuals are conspicuously absent from techdiver and other lists due to that nonsense.
In any case, this is simply a supplement not a replacement to other lists and bulletin boards.

GM - try the link again; it just worked for me.
There is a lot of traffic right now with people subscribing.

Mike

THanx Mike,I like the moderated idea.I'd really like to see the look on someones face after seeing My face if they'd said some of the things I've read to me in person:).I wish you the best of luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom