Underwater Digital Camera Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, thanks for all your help guys. I'll keep reading and hopefully post some decent pics soon.

justleesa:
I purchased my 5050's for $450 and $500 online and my Stylus 400, with extras, for something like $300.
I got all my housings from Kaimuki Camera. Neil is great and very helpful. I had called 2 weeks ago and he didn't have a 5060 in stock, but he did have an 8080...but things change fast. Give him a call and tell him Lisa sent you

Contact Information:
Neil Sananikone
Phone: (808) 735-5955
Fax: (808) 737-5955
Address:
3622 Waialae Ave
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816

(closed on Sundays)

Well I called and got his wife just now. She did not seam nice at all on the phone. I asked to speak to Neil and she wouldn't let me and said that she could help me with any questions. (how rude)

Anyway, they had the 5060 for $599 and she was quick to say that they did not match prices. They did not have the underwater case for it so I said thanks and ended the conversation.

Neil's wife was not helpful at all and she definitely did not even try to sell to me. I did mention the 5060 was on sale for $569, you think they could budge to gain a customer.

Thanks

Well dang....sorry that you didn't get Neil. She needs a bit more time to warm up... Are you going to get the one to the better price you were mentioning???

I haven't checked out Kaimuki Camera yet, but Francis Camera was carrying the Canon housings a couple years back when I was in the market. Not sure what other housings they carry, but the appear to be a fiarly well stocked store.

Steve

justleesa:
Well dang....sorry that you didn't get Neil. She needs a bit more time to warm up... Are you going to get the one to the better price you were mentioning???

Leesa,

Yes! I bought the camera and housing yesterday.

This is what I did:

The NEX does price matching so I went there and they had it for $640. I asked them to call Byteware and they matched the price of $569. I got the camera for $569 tax free and 45-day return policy.

Then I went to Byteware, which is the only place that had the PT-020 housing and got the housing there.

I got the Olympus C-5060 and PT-020 housing for a total cost of $908. Doesn't seam like that great of a deal but I got what I wanted when I wanted. Didn't have to wait for shipping or back orders and all that stuff.

Now I have to get in the water and use it! I've taken the advanced course and I got about 30 dives in(mostly shore dives). So if anyone wants to help a newbie underwater photographer let me know. I'm on Oahu.

Thanks,

Henry

Henry....Right now I can't get in the water, but I can help you with the camera...drop me a line!
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom