Underwater Communications video clips/page

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent...picked up a couple of signals I didn't know. I've bookmarked the page. Thanks for the effort.

Fantastic! Thanks for the effort. I was actually going to do something similar, but what you have done is much better than what I had in mind. Just beautiful.

Dayo, that's an absolutely fantastic site! I think we've all looked for something like this for a long time. I'll certainly be directing my diving friends to your site in the effort to improve underwater communications.
Great job! My compliments for your drive, dedication and expertise.

After a quick review, I like it.

So many people try to re-invent the wheel when it comes to scuba hand signals. There are many established hand signals (such as your number signals) that are widely used and accepted in many disciplines (military, police, etc). Many people try to "invent" new hand signals just for scuba. Glad to see that you've chosen widely accepted hand signals.

I want to meet the chick in the back ground of some of these.

Nice web site BTW.

Appreciate the resource posted! Thank you.

What is best signal for:

How much air do you have left? (signal to buddy to determine how much further to travel)

If the answer is 1580; is it best just to agree to ignore hundreds of psi, and respond with just sign for 16?

thanks!:coffee:

The military signal for "How much fuel do you have?" is the same as a "Thumbs Up" except you put the thumb to your lips like you're drinking from a container (almost looks like you're about to suck your thumb).

I use this same signal to ask my buddy "How much gas do you have?"

In your example, I would signal "one" and "six" meaning 1600. I would not signal "one, six, zero, zero," nor would I signal 1580.

Back
Top Bottom