underwater camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al24798

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I am new to this diving forum and I was wondering is the quality of the gopro hd hero 2 with flat lens worth getting thanks

Well, a very open ended question but I have one and it shoots very good video and stills, is small, has many accessories and fairly inexpensive. If this meets your requirements then......yes. You can find many underwater videos on YouTube and judge the picture quality yourself. Cheers.

I am happy with mine. I added the Blurfix flat port, added a red filter from Polar Pro, got a battery charger and extra batteries from Wasabi, and made a hand held mount, plus the LCD back. There is a learning curve and if you read some posts about it and look at YouTube, you will be able to make an informed decision. It was a relatively small expense to add all of those necessary gadgets to get the pics I wanted to capture. .

I've seen very good, almost professional looking videos with a GoPro Hero 2 with flat lens, but if you do want good video, you'll likely need to get a dedicated video light (or dive shallow...or film only macro life).

For now, as you're in the start of your diving experiences, you shouldn't worry about it too much until you get the hang of the basic scuba skills. If you were to use it now, you'd make sure it's hands-free (e.g., on your head or on your arm) and probably wouldn't use the light yet, as it might cause too much task-loading.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom