Underwater camera housing rentals in Kauai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DynaMike

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help me out--

I'm diving Kauai soon and I'm wondering if there are any shops which rent underwater camera housings, particularly for a PowerShot S70.

Thanks for the help.

Aloha Mike,

I don't know if you'll find a housing over there for that camera but I have an extra housing I might be interested in renting or selling to you. It's the WP-DC 40 and it only has a couple dozen dives on it. PM me if you want to explore this more. It's a great housing / camera combination. When are you going to Kauai?

Yeah, if someone can tell me if I can rent a housing for a 1dsmk2 or a 1dmk2, that'll be great too.

I am debating to make a small investment for a EWA-Marine U-AXP 100 just for my dive in Hawaii.....

I can't say for sure but the likelihood of finding any shop that will rent just a housing is pretty remote, especially on a small island like Kauai.

There are dozens and dozens of different housing. The same camera model with a minor change means you need a new housing. It would take an investment of tens of thousands to just get a dozen housings, let alone the hundreds that are available.

I'd take up Shaka on his offer.

Gee, I've never heard of a shop renting just housings....I've heard of them renting cameras with housings, but not just the housing. One of the best purchases we made was to buy our own housing for our digital camera. It was less than $200 and we've taken close to 1000 pictures now with it.

I think you're probably not going to find someone to rent that kind of camera housing.

Thanks for the replies and thanks for the offer, Doug. I was curious as to whether this kind of service was common, but I guess it isn't. :)

I think I'll check with my local camera specialty shops to see if they rent at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom