Underwater camera advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ola , Anacris. Respondendo suas perguntas:

-G12 é uma camera point and shoot excelente. Como vc tem pouca experiencia com foto eh uma boa opção sim. Eu pessoalmente uso uma G11 com caixa da Canon que por ser mais barata tem algumas limitaçoes aceitaveis. De uma olhada nas minhas fotos do flickr. A caixa da canon G12 e G11 é a mesma.

-não sei te dizer mas com certeza não sera dificil de achar. A minha caixa eu comprei na bhphotovideo, tente ligar para eles e veja se consegue entregar em Miami no hotel ou endereço desejado

- caixa da Ikelite para G12 não vale a pena na minha opiniao. Ou vc compra a da Canon ou parte para a da Patima que permite fotos de grande angular pois vem com duas portas uma para macro e uma para grande angular.

Detalhe somente compre uma G12 se vc for comprar um flash externo (ex. Inon S2000), se vc for comprar para usar com o flash interno de preferencia a Canon S95 com a caixa da canon. A vantagem da S95 é que ela é melhor sem o flash externo e melhor para acoplar lente grande angular com o mount da inon. Desvantagem dessa maquina na minha opiniao é que a bateria dura pouco, quase no limite para 2 mergulhos. A bateria da G11/12 dura bastante permitindo mais fotos.

Em resumo por orçamento, do mais barato para o mais caro:

- S95 + caixa canon
- G12 + caixa canon + flash externo a sua escolha
- S95 + caixa canon +flash externo + Grande angular Inon
- S95 + caixa recsea+flash externo + Grande angular varias
- G12 + caixa Patima/FIX + flash externo + Grande angular

Boa escolha.

My 2cents
Já tinha olhado na B&H. Se não encontrar em Miami acho que é uma boa solução. Muitíssimo obrigada. Estou aprendendo muito nesses posts... e as fotos?! são de cair o queixo...

Why the heck do people feel the need to post in other than English?

I'll bet 99% of the members here have English as their first language

It's just rude especially given that this is a USA based forum.

Thanks for your information. I really haven't thought about the strobe yet... I always think that it is an equipment for professional underwater photos. But now I see that it's necessary, if I wish to have beautiful photos.

Very good post.

I am really fan of your photos Gilligan. :D

68.gif

Jim, your latest work is spectacular.

I have both a S90 and the G10. I think the G12 is a bit better camera for underwater use, except that you really need a strobe.

It focuses faster, it does better macro, and has a few more features. The faster lens of the s series, if one has a strobe is not that big of a deal...

68.gif

I haven't taken my G12 underwater yet. I do like the articulating monitor for land use.

As an point, I do not know if anyone and Miami would have the Canon G12 housing in stock. It would be almost a sure thing that no one would have the Ike housing in stock. If you want to be sure of having a housing, contact a dealer and arrange for them to have one in stock for when you arrive.

68.gif

I haven't taken my G12 underwater yet. I do like the articulating monitor for land use.

Hey Gill, I'm thinking if you'll cut a big hole in the back door of your housing you still might be able to articulate that monitor underwater.........:)------(but don't ask me what shape your camera will be in..)...BTW, thanks for the help on the DPP thread...I haven't gotten a chance to look @ your link closely but will do in a while---I'm probably gunna need to PM you later on interpreting it for me, lol.....Thanks again----Joe)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom