Undersuit for DUI TLS350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi fellow divers,

For the ones who have been helping me a lot with the choice of what will be my first drysuit, here is the update:

I will get a custom fit DUI TLS350 Explorer Edition (brings cordura protection everywhere and two pockets) with Rockboots. I asked about having a Sitek valve but the guys said that DUI does not have it anymore and so therefore will bring the Apek HIGH profile valve. I guess that valve does not give any problems, oposed to the low profile, right?

Now I still have to decide upon the undergarment before having my suit fitted.

Ant there is my question. Which brand / model of undersuit would you suggest? Please be aware I will be diving drysuit for the first time so everything that can help me in the dive is important for me.

I looked at weezle and DUI. And what about the socks / underboots?

Thanks once more for your great help!!!

Cheers

nunomix:
Hi fellow divers,

For the ones who have been helping me a lot with the choice of what will be my first drysuit, here is the update:

I will get a custom fit DUI TLS350 Explorer Edition (brings cordura protection everywhere and two pockets) with Rockboots. I asked about having a Sitek valve but the guys said that DUI does not have it anymore and so therefore will bring the Apek HIGH profile valve. I guess that valve does not give any problems, oposed to the low profile, right?

Now I still have to decide upon the undergarment before having my suit fitted.

Ant there is my question. Which brand / model of undersuit would you suggest? Please be aware I will be diving drysuit for the first time so everything that can help me in the dive is important for me.

I looked at weezle and DUI. And what about the socks / underboots?

Thanks once more for your great help!!!

Cheers

Well, it is hard to discern what undergarment to tell you to get if we don't know where you reside and what kinds of diving you'll be doing. I'll assume coldest case scenario though.

I'd say either DUI 400gm thinsulate or Diving Concepts stretch underwear. I can't say much about the Weezles, I owned an Extreme+ undergarment for one dive and sold it (Christmas present). Before you consider the Weezle, you should read this thread:

http://www.thedecostop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6220&highlight=breach

Most people swear by their Diving Concepts undies. I've heard good things about the DUI undies except that they are notoriously larger in size (ie a Medium is really more like a Large) and that custom cut ones are very expensive through DUI.

I'm currently using polypro underwear and DUI Polartech fleece undies over that. Has kept me warm down to 34*F water, but I tend to have a warmer body temp than most.

Like Derek said, DUI, DC, or Andys TR 1000. I have not dove the Andys suits, but hear they are super warm.

Derek - glad you liked that thread.

ericfine50:
Like Derek said, DUI, DC, or Andys TR 1000. I have not dove the Andys suits, but hear they are super warm.

Derek - glad you liked that thread.

It is an eye-opener, for sure. Just sorry you had to go through all that to relay the tale.

I know there are probably a whole lot of people who dive Weezle undies and love them, but one close call is one too many for me. I only hope my well-wishing but uniformed family member had chosen a different brand when they bought last Christmas. :D

Thanks. I still love the suit. It kept me very warm, but now its only for top side use. I even was a rep/dealer for them for a bit. So, I was really behind it.

Right now I have some DC Streach Thinsulate Extreme that works very well. I am going to look for some 400gram DUI or Andys for the lower 40s water temps. Brrrr

i have the dc thinsulate stretch extreme and love it...had it down to mid 40's and was warm...

don't skimp on the undergarments, your drysuit is useless without good undergarments

mossym:
i have the dc thinsulate stretch extreme and love it...had it down to mid 40's and was warm...

don't skimp on the undergarments, your drysuit is useless without good undergarments

That's for sure! The Diving Concepts Stretch Thinsulate Extreme with the matching vest is an outstanding undergarment system, if not the best available. They're warm, comfortable, flexible and you don't have to add a ton of weight to make 'em work. The down side is the fact that they are very expensive but we all know how that goes.

I give mine a 10.

-Chris

CALI68:
That's for sure! The Diving Concepts Stretch Thinsulate Extreme with the matching vest is an outstanding undergarment system, if not the best available. They're warm, comfortable, flexible and you don't have to add a ton of weight to make 'em work. The down side is the fact that they are very expensive but we all know how that goes.

I give mine a 10.

-Chris
you should..you recommended them to me!!

nunomix:
Hi fellow divers,

I will get a custom fit DUI TLS350 Explorer Edition (brings cordura protection everywhere and two pockets) with Rockboots. I asked about having a Sitek valve but the guys said that DUI does not have it anymore and so therefore will bring the Apek HIGH profile valve.
Cheers

I just got one with the Sitek valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom