Undersuit for DUI TLS350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to find a dealer in the Netherlands selling Diving Concepts but I still didnt find :(

The story about Weezle freaked me out. I guess I am not getting that one. Still dont know what to do if I dont find the Diving Concepts. Shall I go DUI?

With regard, to the valve, I guess I will have to push them to ask DUI for the valve.

Thanks once again.

When I was looking for undergarments, I was recommended (by NW Grateful Diver) both the Diving Concepts garment and one made by Northern Diver, which is a UK company. I was unable to find a distributor for the Northern Diver product, as our local one no longer carries the brand, so I bought the Diving Concepts, with which I am very happy. But if you are looking in the Netherlands, you might be able to find the British company's products.

Yep ... I'm not overly impressed with their drysuits, but the ND Flectalon undergarments are toasty warm.

If you're in the Netherlands, you shouldn't have any difficulty finding them ... try here ...

http://www.sportextreme.com/pq222/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the information. The Northern Divers Flectalon 300 in the website only costs 175.5... I know the price is not the only thing to look with regard to quality, but it seems to cheap for a top-line underwear.

Is this product really a top-line or there should be something better for me to get, even if it is more expensive (for example DUI or Bare)?

Cheers.

All the drysuit manufacturers offer some sort of underwear, polartec seems to be a popular material. For example, DUI's polartec jumpsuit in stock sizes is $478 and $670 in special sizes. A quick seach on Cabela's found underwear made of the same material and same thickness and insulative properties for $49.99, a Polartec powerstretch jumpsuit for $89 described as military weight. Mountain Hardware makes a powerstretch suit that retails for $150 and the list goes on and on. Now, someone let me know if I am wrong but it would seem that and baselayer suit that conforms to the body will be similar to any other suit that conforms to the body given the same fabrics and fabric weights. What I mean is, why can't we look outside the industry for drysuit insulation, especially if we are getting similar products for fractions of the price? LL Bean likely has lower unit production cost than any drysuit manufacturer building their own undies.

I will be diving drysuit for the first time so everything that can help me in the dive is important for me.

Think thin.

I would recommend taking a test dive in 400 gram undies before spending the money. I don't have first hand experience with the 400 gram thinsulate (I can comfortably wear thinner undies in 40 degree water for my dive times) but I have some friends that regret the purchase as they find it quite difficult to get the air out of them. I would say that the 400 gram thinsulate (at least the brand they are using) is not novice drysuit diver friendly.

Can you check with other local divers to see what they are wearing for similar dives that you'll be doing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom