Understanding DS Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In that case, I'd look for something else for my base layer.

Just MNSHO

The Arctic stuff is a mid layer, not a base layer. I found it to be excellent when I had a set. My only beef was that for a mid layer that heavy, I decided I really prefer a 1-piece garment, instead of the 2-piece Arctic set I had.

The Arctic stuff is a mid layer, not a base layer. I found it to be excellent when I had a set. My only beef was that for a mid layer that heavy, I decided I really prefer a 1-piece garment, instead of the 2-piece Arctic set I had.
Shows just how much I know about that specific brand/model

Shows just how much I know about that specific brand/model

I've done a lot of reading on the Arctic, and I've read a lot of posts on SB and elsewhere. The common themes are it's warm and thinner than expected for how warm they are. I have also seen a lot of posts about having a leak and not knowing one had a leak because they are that great at retaining the heat.

I've seen one in person, but didn't know what I was looking at and honestly thought it was way too thin for the type of diving we were doing (in 40f). I was thinking the guy that I was diving with was WAY more of a man than me for being in a trilam and diving with something thinner than I was in a neo (and I was chilled at the end, lol). I just didn't know what he had on.

With that said, again I have no experience, and if I'm being honest I think that it's awful expensive for what it is...like more than I want to spend on pajamas, BUT if I can have mobility while diving in cold water AND be warm I'll smile at depth every time and they should last for years... at least that's my take (hope?)

Back
Top Bottom