Underlaying a Hyperstretch wetsuit. Good? Bad? Versus core warmer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

othanku2

Reaction score
MY wife has a 7mm Henderson Hyperstretch. She gets cold easily. She hasnt worn it in the water yet. I have tho. So i know its not going to be warm enough for her, here in the Northern California rivers. Only going to be using it for 10 feet or so depth wise, gold dredging.

My question is would it be better to buy her a say 1.5 or 2 mil full body suit underneath this or get a exterior 7mm core warmer for her. Will having a snug fitting underlayer add or subtract to keeping her warm? The suit is a little loose when bending for her at the mid section, and obviously with its stretch characteristics able to go over something. Any suggestions to what type, brand,thickness, or yes - no input would be greatly appreciated. :eek:)

I have worn a 1.5mm undersuit under mine and actually felt colder.

So in your opinion, maybe a hooded vest over would be better? I guess it makes sense to keep the 7mil the "main body contact" from what i'm reading in old posts so far, besides the obvious dry suit! :O)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom