Undergarments ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an undergarment with a high collar once. I cut it off and it worked just fine. I also prefer hunting/hiking socks over drysuit booties. They're warm and don't bunch up.
688cc14d-986e-4851-8a5c-af2ea325198a

That's really weird. Waterproof makes pretty darned good DSs, and the same for their cold-water neoprene stuff like their hoods or their gloves. And then they go and make an undersuit with a high collar? Weird. Particularly considering that their trilams have a pretty good warmneck, and their hoods are da sh!t.
yeah its comfy except for the high collar. It does seem to be a bit bulky but doable

if i may hijack a question on under garments .i to wear a thin wick layer and then a fleece out layer under my fusion 1 drysuit ,(just got so still have not tried yet,need to take drysuit course)and have thin pair of wick socks i would think i would need a pair of wool or fleece for over top?
I have been using hiking socks nice and thick keep my feet plenty warm and they wick moisture....oh and no hijack good question.

Not a drysuit expert (just acquired my own this month) however, if you are looking for wool that doesn't itch, find garments made from Merino wool. It is incredibly soft and doesn't itch at all. Best moisture wicking material I've found. I wear boots a lot and after discovering it I only wear socks with a high merino wool content in them.

I can't recall the manufacture, but I had a garment a number of years ago when I first started diving dry that had a high collar like Waterproof. I ended up tucking the collar in and under for a while. If I was not careful it would still bunch up and I would get some water through the neck seal.
I ended up cutting the collar off.
I have a two piece Whites MK garment that never gets used for the same reason. I use the top as a cool weather jacket.

With my fleece that I was wearing thats what I would do. Simply tuck it down.

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

I had an undergarment with a high collar once. I cut it off and it worked just fine. I also prefer hunting/hiking socks over drysuit booties. They're warm and don't bunch up.
688cc14d-986e-4851-8a5c-af2ea325198a
I use the thick REI mountaineering socks over my normal base wool socks. Fills the void space somewhat and limits gas migration.

Back
Top Bottom