Undergarment for TLS350?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am tall and skinny (6'3" 170lbs) and get cold very easily.
my average dive temps these days seem to be about 45-65.
i am a moderately active diver (i move around a fair amount).

the things i have been looking at are: Weezle extreme and extreme +, Fourth Element subzero and arctic, Whites MK3 and various DUI options.

i understand that the thinsulate suits are less flexible, but they give the impression of being warmer. i like that. but i understand that something like a dui powerstretch or the fourth dimension stuff is more flexible.

considering that i am in a trilam and not crushed neoprene and that i get cold easily... thoughts?

The Weezle Extreme Plus would probably be too warm for water temps above 50 degrees.

I tend to get cold easily, too, but unlike you, I don't move around much during my dives. I wear a Weezle Extreme Plus under a CLx450 and it's too warm for me in water above 45 degrees. I love it below those temps.

The Weezle Extreme would probably be a better choice for your water temps of 45 to 65F. Adding a first layer of polypropylene would extend the low range, if needed.

Although it doesn't stretch, I find the Weezle fit allows great range of motion for my average build. I never feel restricted in it.

Machine washable, too.

Dave C

as a fairly new diver to a DUI TLS350 can tell you that DUI Polartec® PowerStretch® 300 Jumpsuit has kept me warm from 46- 58 degrees above that i start to sweat too much , I keep hearing about the forth elemet stuff , I am looking for something that is thinner but warmer sounds like this may be the ticket.

I don't have any experience with Fourth Element, but Polartec 300 over a layer of Underarmor keeps me comfy in Lake Ontario to about 40F.

Second the comments about the Weezle Extreme. I kept getting really cold on Northwest dives in the 40-45 degree range, and tried several undergarments. Purchased a Weezle a few weeks ago and am really toasty. Get the booties if you choose to go this route.

No experience with Fourth Element.

Good Luck,

Dan

I use a variety of undergarments. For the coldest I use the Pinnacle Merino Evolution undergarments (650g). I did an hour long dive in 41degree water & was comfy. For water 50- 65 degrees I have an off brand 400gm suit & for waters 65- 80 I have a 300gm Pinnacle suit. Warmer than that & I use a variety of thermal underwear & long johns.

thanks for everyone's replies. really helpful. not stopping anyone from chiming in more, but i just wanted to let people know it is appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom