Undercurrent Magazine questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I consider the Chapbook and Undercurrent newsletters part of my essential life-support equipment for scuba diving.
Rick

Has anyone ever seen or have a subscription to Undercurrent?

If so, how is it?
Do you like or dislike it, would you recommend it, etc...
Thanks,
Bill

Bill Fisher once bubbled...
Has anyone ever seen or have a subscription to Undercurrent?

If so, how is it?
Do you like or dislike it, would you recommend it, etc...
Thanks,
Bill

I read it, but I don't know that I'd recommend it? The monthly periodical includs warnings and alerts of some interest, and the annual book offers good and bad divers reports on operators, but I don't think there is every any investigations to confirm or dispell reports. It does not publish ads, but like all publications - it has its own mixed interests.

I don't t think I'll renew this year. The Scuba Board is a much better sourch of information, for several reasons, and it's free!! :$$:

don

and like it...it is mostly everyday divers doing trip reports with some additional articles. They also publish and annual book of trip reports that comes with the subscription.

As long as you bear in mind these are "man in the street" reports it is valuable and worth reading

Ken

They cover the places they do pretty thoroughly and it's usually an interesting read. As a travel reference, well, it may be awhile until it gets around to someplace you want to hear about. The annual chapbook is useful, but that's essentially written for them by their readers and not necessarily more useful than things like scubaboard.

It is sort of expensive for what you get. I'll keep getting it as any time a dive mag comes in the mail is good. :) But if I had to chose between this and gear or something the gear would win.

Thanks for all the replys!
I guess it probably seemed like %50 yes...
and %50 NO...in favor of Undercurrent.

With such a great group of people as Scubaboard...
I will save the $40 and consult the group here.

Bill

I just got in the mail an invitation to undercurrent magazine and I was wondering if any one has subscribed to this magazine and if the magazine has good infomation or does it bash scuba diving ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom