Under Pressure Diving Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptJT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Started the weekend off departing Lynnhaven Inlet sat about 6 pm. Once we arrived at the Morgan 110ft and got hooked in and bobby had tied us in it was dark enough for the lobster round up to commence. Vis was around 35ft and the lobsters were out marching.
They must have thought they were tripping when the divers lights shined on them making them think WTF the sun is coming early.....several bugs found their way into a bag and pot later. Once that was done we pulled the hook and headed out to the Ocean Venture and the divers flexed their muscles to a morning 160ft dive, 60ft vis, 48 degrees on the bottom 55 on top, chest thumping wreck dive. As the divers rested in the bunks en-route the Haviland 110ft the seas just kepted getting flatter. Once again the vis was 35-40ft temps the same. After each dive the divers were treated to a lift on the boat, not found on any other dive boat around. The Under Pressure is fitted with a custom diver lift.....dive ladders are a thing of the past. Here is a video of the divers coming back after the OV dive YouTube - JT'S NEW LIFT PLATFORM 5-1-11 and a couple of photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 64
It was an unbelievable weekend, what started out with howling winds that had us taking water over the boat in the bay in route to pick up the charter to the flat calm seas in that last picture all in less than 24 hours.
Vis was incredible even in the dark on the Morgan.
The lift work flawlessly the whole trip & I believe that ladder will be in storage on the boat real soon.
The smiles that the divers wore after great dives & not having to climb a ladder in their drysuits with steel doubles & multiple stage bottles was how you say PRICELESS.

Good seeing you guys out on the water sunday. The lift definately makes the boat VERY visable from a distance. I can't wait to give it a try in a few weeks.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, incase you missed it on sunday........:mooner:

Good seeing you guys out on the water sunday. The lift definately makes the boat VERY visable from a distance. I can't wait to give it a try in a few weeks.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, incase you missed it on sunday........:mooner:

The lift sure makes it easier on us mature folks :wink: and I think Kate will as well as everyone who gets a chance to ride it after a dive. Sure was nice out there glad you guys had some good dives.

BTW we saw the moon just couldn't figure out why you had your lips on it :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom