Unbelievable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you just repeating these or did you experience all these yourself?

True story: After work (dinner time) a co-worker and I went to the local McDonald's restaurant. I ordered a large fries and chocolate shake. He ordered a large fries and chocolate shake. Each item was $0.99. The cashier rings it up and says, "That will be $5.87." We point out that four items for $0.99 should be less than $4.00. She looks at us blankly and states the machine says $5.87. We try to reason with her. We point out that if you ring this through and it is wrong you will need to get the manager to correct it. She suggests printing a receipt so she can show us the machine is right and we are wrong.

We pay for the food and she prints a receipt. She comes back, shows us the receipt. We point out there is a breakfast sandwich on the receipt. She explains to us that we are not allowed to order a breakfast sandwich after 11am. After a 5 minute conversation she finally realizes that SHE incorrectly added a breakfast sandwich to our order. Now she has to get the manager to fix things.

But wait, there is more: The manager shows up, talks to her for a few seconds, reads the receipt a few times then comes over to us and says, "You cannot order a breakfast sandwich after 11am." After a 5 minute conversation with the manager he realizes the girl added a breakfast sandwich to the order by mistake. The manager then looks blankly at the receipt and tries to figure out how much change he should give us back. When I realized what he was trying to do I tell him, you owe us $0.91. He looks at me blankly, counts out 91 cents and hands it to me. I think I could have told him he owed us $2.17 and he would have given it to us.

That McDonald's went out of business.

Shouldn't it have been $1.91?

I used to work for the post office years ago. A customer came in and asked me how much a 45c stamp was. I replied 'the basic rate' and gave him the stamp. He gave me the money and walked out. I don't think he realised what he'd said, but there were about half a dozen other customers standing around with smirks on their faces.

Martian, with everyone adding taxes surcharges and such, I think it's a realistic question. :dozingoff:

The secret to the power strip is that you have to first plug it into the wall, and then quickly plug it back into itself as the electricity is still flowing through the cord, so by the time it reaches one of the power strip's outlets, it;s plugged in and flows back into the cord. Viola!

The secret to the power strip is that you have to first plug it into the wall, and then quickly plug it back into itself as the electricity is still flowing through the cord, so by the time it reaches one of the power strip's outlets, it;s plugged in and flows back into the cord. Viola!

Everybody say goodbye to Gombessa. In no time THUGS from the energy producers from around the world will be falling on him because he has just found a way around all of this high cost electricity. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.:D

When I worked in the service department of a large car dealer, customers would come in and ask, “Is my car ready?”. (300 cars in service at the time.)
Or
A customer would call and say, “My car won’t start, what is wrong with it?”. I was many times tempted to say “Please hold on a minute.”, hold the phone at arms length and loudly ask, “Hey Bill, where is that crystal ball?”
Or
When I was working as a mechanic, a customer sternly asked me:
Customer “Are you going to rip me off?”,
Me, “Yep.”
Customer “How bad?”
Me “Not bad, don’t worry.”
Customer… “Good, I was worried.”

I was racing around running errands one day, and when I got back in the car, it wouldnt start. I was freaking out, and had to wait 40 mins for my dad to get there. As he was walking up, he's like "Idiot, the car is in drive" Whoops.

I can go one better than this. I handed the guy a $20, he gave me change for a $50.

I went through the same thing, handing it all back, pointing at the receipt, telling him how much I needed blah blah blah. He went to get the manager...same routine, blank looks.

Finally the manager said "I'm sorry for our confusion, here is your change" and gave me the change from the $50. Again.

I looked at him and said, this is not right...he just did that exasperated smile and said, "ma'am (which I hate LOL), that's how much we need to give you"

Oh-kay. Thanks...
:shakehead::shakehead:

Where do you shop? I am feeling like I am need of a few things!!:rofl3:

When I worked in the service department of a large car dealer, customers would come in and ask, “Is my car ready?”. (300 cars in service at the time.)
Or
A customer would call and say, “My car won’t start, what is wrong with it?”. I was many times tempted to say “Please hold on a minute.”, hold the phone at arms length and loudly ask, “Hey Bill, where is that crystal ball?”
Or
When I was working as a mechanic, a customer sternly asked me:
Customer “Are you going to rip me off?”,
Me, “Yep.”
Customer “How bad?”
Me “Not bad, don’t worry.”
Customer… “Good, I was worried.”
Haha, when I send my car to the shop i just tend to ask them "approxmately how badly are you gonna rip me off?"
I do tend to get a price estimate as a reply and the two most likely replies to that estimate would be "holy **** that bad? When can you do it" or "Well, thats not that bad, when can you do it?" :p

Sending the job to professionals is bound to be a ripoff compared to doing it yourself, but its a matter how expencive it have to get before I cant be assed to do things myself.. Plus of course I can always blame the professional, unlike if I do it myself I have to blame myself for any errors :shocked2:

Shouldn't it have been $1.91?

You're right. I wasn't thinking to hard when I posted the message. I actually made up the $5.87. I know the items where $0.99 each but I don't know how much the breakfast sandwich was. :)

I used to work for the post office years ago. A customer came in and asked me how much a 45c stamp was. I replied 'the basic rate' and gave him the stamp. He gave me the money and walked out. I don't think he realised what he'd said, but there were about half a dozen other customers standing around with smirks on their faces.

Actually, in Ontario they charge tax on stamps. So a $0.45 stamp is more than $0.45. :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom