Unbelievable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two..'

We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'you gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1.75 in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

From Kingman, KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.

From Kansas City.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He sm iled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask.'

Happened in Birmingham , Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING :
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the drivers side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , Mississippi.

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and they REPRODUCE.

Are you just repeating these or did you experience all these yourself?

True story: After work (dinner time) a co-worker and I went to the local McDonald's restaurant. I ordered a large fries and chocolate shake. He ordered a large fries and chocolate shake. Each item was $0.99. The cashier rings it up and says, "That will be $5.87." We point out that four items for $0.99 should be less than $4.00. She looks at us blankly and states the machine says $5.87. We try to reason with her. We point out that if you ring this through and it is wrong you will need to get the manager to correct it. She suggests printing a receipt so she can show us the machine is right and we are wrong.

We pay for the food and she prints a receipt. She comes back, shows us the receipt. We point out there is a breakfast sandwich on the receipt. She explains to us that we are not allowed to order a breakfast sandwich after 11am. After a 5 minute conversation she finally realizes that SHE incorrectly added a breakfast sandwich to our order. Now she has to get the manager to fix things.

But wait, there is more: The manager shows up, talks to her for a few seconds, reads the receipt a few times then comes over to us and says, "You cannot order a breakfast sandwich after 11am." After a 5 minute conversation with the manager he realizes the girl added a breakfast sandwich to the order by mistake. The manager then looks blankly at the receipt and tries to figure out how much change he should give us back. When I realized what he was trying to do I tell him, you owe us $0.91. He looks at me blankly, counts out 91 cents and hands it to me. I think I could have told him he owed us $2.17 and he would have given it to us.

That McDonald's went out of business.

Are you just repeating these or did you experience all these yourself?

True story: After work (dinner time) a co-worker and I went to the local McDonald's restaurant. I ordered a large fries and chocolate shake. He ordered a large fries and chocolate shake. Each item was $0.99. The cashier rings it up and says, "That will be $5.87." We point out that four items for $0.99 should be less than $4.00. She looks at us blankly and states the machine says $5.87. We try to reason with her. We point out that if you ring this through and it is wrong you will need to get the manager to correct it. She suggests printing a receipt so she can show us the machine is right and we are wrong.

We pay for the food and she prints a receipt. She comes back, shows us the receipt. We point out there is a breakfast sandwich on the receipt. She explains to us that we are not allowed to order a breakfast sandwich after 11am. After a 5 minute conversation she finally realizes that SHE incorrectly added a breakfast sandwich to our order. Now she has to get the manager to fix things.

But wait, there is more: The manager shows up, talks to her for a few seconds, reads the receipt a few times then comes over to us and says, "You cannot order a breakfast sandwich after 11am." After a 5 minute conversation with the manager he realizes the girl added a breakfast sandwich to the order by mistake. The manager then looks blankly at the receipt and tries to figure out how much change he should give us back. When I realized what he was trying to do I tell him, you owe us $0.91. He looks at me blankly, counts out 91 cents and hands it to me. I think I could have told him he owed us $2.17 and he would have given it to us.

That McDonald's went out of business.

However I did have a similar experience at MD as you did but I gave up after 5 min arguing, my time was worth more than the change. It is a sad world :shakehead:

While on a road trip a number of years back, my wife and I decided we were thirsty and wanted a drink, so since the kids (who were young at the time) were snoozing in the back seat, we just used a fast-food drive-through. We got to the window, and the young lady working the window read us our total, which was like $1.87. I gave her a five, and she tried to give me change for a ten. I politely pointed out that there was a mistake in our change, so she tried giving me MORE change (I am SO glad I wasn't responsible for balancing this girl's till at the end of the shift). I handed her all the change back, and said, "Our total was one dollar and eighty-seven cents. I gave you a five. Our change should be three dollars and thirteen cents."

I kid you not; she got this amazed look on her face and said, "HOW DID YOU DO THAT?"

I will be nice and not speculate on what methods she might have used to pass her math classes, or what talents she might have possessed that kept her from getting fired for never having a balanced till.

Hoomi's post reminds me of another incident...

Just moved into a new home and needed things for around the condo. Went to a kitchen/bathroom store to get shower caddy, garbage can (that the dogs couldn't get in), bath mats, etc. Used the garbage can to carry everything as we shopped around the store. Brought everything to the cashier (a young man obviously working a summer job) and he rang it up. As I loaded everything into my car I realized he didn't charge me for the garbage can ($24.95, everything else was like $35 so this was almost half the total). Brought the receipt back and explained he forgot to charge me for the garbage can. Took a few minutes to get him to understand.

Just moved into a new home and needed things for around the condo. Went to a kitchen/bathroom store to get shower caddy, garbage can (that the dogs couldn't get in), bath mats, etc. Used the garbage can to carry everything as we shopped around the store. Brought everything to the cashier (a young man obviously working a summer job) and he rang it up. As I loaded everything into my car I realized he didn't charge me for the garbage can ($24.95, everything else was like $35 so this was almost half the total). Brought the receipt back and explained he forgot to charge me for the garbage can. Took a few minutes to get him to understand.
Ahhh. A real life example of an old Russian joke.

This guy pushes a wheelbarrow full of dirt out of a factory every evening. The guards very carefully check the dirt to make sure he hasn't hidden anything. Finally, after he retires the guards, frustrated at never having been able to figure out what he was hiding in the dirt promise that he won't get into trouble if he tells them.

The answer of course is that he was stealing ...... wheelbarrows!

My kid likes to eat hamburgers. Plain hamburgers. Just bread and meat. Plain. Before we gave up on McD's entirely, he would order a hamburger, "plain." It would invariably be bread, meat and cheese. We started ordering and explaining that he wanted a hamburger, "plain ... bread and meat, only." It would invariably come back with cheese. So, I ask: "Is cheese considered a 'bread' or a 'meat'?"

BTW: McD's is not unique in this respect. However, In And Out gets it right every single time. ... And has better fries.

... we just used a fast-food drive-through. We got to the window, and the young lady working the window read us our total, which was like $1.87. I gave her a five, and she tried to give me change for a ten. I politely pointed out that there was a mistake in our change, so she tried giving me MORE change (I am SO glad I wasn't responsible for balancing this girl's till at the end of the shift). I handed her all the change back, and said, "Our total was one dollar and eighty-seven cents. I gave you a five. Our change should be three dollars and thirteen cents."

I can go one better than this. I handed the guy a $20, he gave me change for a $50.

I went through the same thing, handing it all back, pointing at the receipt, telling him how much I needed blah blah blah. He went to get the manager...same routine, blank looks.

Finally the manager said "I'm sorry for our confusion, here is your change" and gave me the change from the $50. Again.

I looked at him and said, this is not right...he just did that exasperated smile and said, "ma'am (which I hate LOL), that's how much we need to give you"

Oh-kay. Thanks...
:shakehead::shakehead:

I can go one better than this. I handed the guy a $20, he gave me change for a $50.

I went through the same thing, handing it all back, pointing at the receipt, telling him how much I needed blah blah blah. He went to get the manager...same routine, blank looks.

Finally the manager said "I'm sorry for our confusion, here is your change" and gave me the change from the $50. Again.

I looked at him and said, this is not right...he just did that exasperated smile and said, "ma'am (which I hate LOL), that's how much we need to give you"

Oh-kay. Thanks...
:shakehead::shakehead:
Haha, thats almost as good as the deer crossing..
Wonder how long THAT place stay in buisness :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom