Unbelievable customer service and Honesty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyBuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wanted to take a minute to give props to a company that is honest and has incredible customer service.

I bought a DC1200 Elite basically just to try to have some fun and try to get some "memory" pics on some of my dives. I practiced with it in the pool and then took it to Bonaire with me. About midweek another person on the trip with me who was familiar with the 1200 asked if he could use my camera on a dive when I had not planned to take it. As we were preparing for that dive he stated that he thought the strobe was too easy to turn and needed to be tightened. We tried but we were unable to make it any tighter. He used the camera and got some great shots. (proving my suckiness at underwater photography) Once topside I showed the owner of the LDS (we were on a LDS trip) the camera and she stated that she did not know much about the camera but she knew that SeaLife reps were at the same resort as we were putting on the Sealife kids camp that week. Another person on the trip took off the top of the strobe and we found that the gear assembly inside was cracked and broken which was making it too loose and unable to tighten. She took the camera to them and told them about the problem. I honestly thought that I had probably caused this issue but when she returned she said that the rep had told her that the problem had occurred before it was shipped and we were advised to ship it back to them and that it would be taken care of.

I (and others on the trip) were able to use the camera the rest of the trip and when we got home the LDS shipped it back to Sealife. After a week or so they called me and told me that it was back. They didn't fix anything. They sent me a brand new strobe and arm.

I believe Sealife could have done what most companies would have done and told us that we had caused the problem. Instead, they volunteered that they thought it had happened prior to me getting the camera and then they made it right.

I appreciate customer service the most when dealing with companies and Sealife seems to be top notch. Thank you.

Buck

P.S. In Bonaire, it was offered that I get a free DC 1200 rental for the rest of the week but it was not needed as my camera still worked fine.

Love to hear good customer service stories...

Back
Top Bottom