Ulua / Mokapu Photo Ode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halemano, great pics. . . .great parking spot, too. . . were you on the luau grounds closest to Ulua? just wondering. . .couldn't get the pic to enlarge. Take care, Maggi
My last 4 photo uploads to SB have only resulted in successful thumbnails, very annoying.:shakehead:

My parking spot was to the left (makai) of the Scuba Center from this angle.

What's up with the Renaissance? That was the first place I stayed on Maui.

The Renaissance has closed for good. Starwood Property (sibling of Starwood Resorts) plans to build the first Bacarrat Resort. This plan has existed for the 4 years SP has owned the property, but the name of the proposed single owner condo resort (not time share) has changed twice.

According to the last news paper articles I've seen, they expect to easily be granted the permits to knock it down, and for all I know that may have happened (big money rules). The local news papers do not seem to do investigative journalism on billion dollar developements, they just print PR propaganda and uninformed letters to the editor (maximizing future revenue?).

My real estate contacts say of the 61 units pre-sold around the Gala Event, 20 have since backed out (losing $50G deposit). The local real estate grapevine snickers at the idea of going ahead with the project in this economy with only 41 of 196 units committed. I'm still holding my breath for a remodled Wailea Westin.:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom