Ulua Beach, 11/21/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I did a nice night dive off Ulua Beach. Here are a few photos and a link to all the photos:

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

Link:
Ulua Beach, 11/21/2007 - Scuba Blogs

I wish I could get Blesi to join me on a night dive! (hint hint) :)

Sean

I don't know, Sean ... looks like a day dive to me. That or your bringing a little piece of the sun with you :wink:

Nice pics, bro. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Rick! The Frogfish was sooo small I just happen to be going super super slow and there he was! Ulua is an excellent night dive with tons of inverts out on the reef. I didn't even get out beyond 25 feet at did 96 mins! Of course I had to have some strobe issues when I found such cool critters! Oh well next time!!

Tim I hope you'll be joining me at the Hawaii Reef Check intro this week!

Sean

I think I saw the exact same hermit crab on the dive we did our last day in Maui -- At least, he had a pink shell like that, with an anemone on it! Ulua's such a good dive, days or nights. There's just so much life you can find if you putter along slowly.

Sean, how late after sunset did you go in?

I'm done some night dives at Ulua where it was really active, and other ones where it was nearly deserted. The empty reef dives have been right after sunset --- maybe the daytime crowd has gone home and the nightime crowd hasn't come out yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom