ultrasonic cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
i have a new frameless mask that i have cleaned with toothpaste, soft scrub and i also flamed it. i use defog or spit every dive but it still fogs every time. i would like to try to clean it with an ultrasonic cleaner but i need some advice. i have a crest 275ht machine. my questions are...what solution should i use, should i use the heater and how long should i clean it. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Welcome to da board. I hope you plan to disassemble the mask and only place the glass in there. Otherwise you are not going to be happy. That said, I am not sure that an ultrasonic cleaning will solve this issue. You might try denatured alcohol to clean well and then try a different defog - I find dish soap and a quick rinse works well. As well as getting my face wet first.

skip the untra.............baking soda ? Orange hand cleaner,

I've used auto detailers clay with a soap solution so the clay glides nicely on my masks when they get a little bit of surface contamination and fog up and it works pretty well. For some reason, Atomic masks seem to fog up a little more than others. Maybe the glass is so clear it's just more noticeable

My LDS recommended Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Seems to have worked very well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom