Ultimate Jaws Experience on Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFaure

Reaction score
Cut and paste from web site:

"Presented by the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Deep Blue Scuba and Carlos and Charlies
(1975, d. Steven Spielberg, PG, 124 min) Jaws was the first movie I saw that did damage to my psyche. My mother was at the opera, my dad took me to see Jaws. I was 6 years old. Every family beach outing for the next 5 years left me inwardly petrified of the razor sharp teeth of the great white shark. We here at the Rolling Roadshow wondered, if a movie alone can deliver that level of emotional wallop, what would happen if you were watching Jaws on a 40' floating screen in the middle of the night with your feet dangling in a vast expanse of deep, dark water? The time for this question to remain hypothetical has ended. Welcome to the ULTIMATE JAWS EXPERIENCE. To commemorate the striking of a brand new 35mm print of the original Jaws, the Rolling Roadshow is taking the traveling rig to an undisclosed secret location, where audience members will float on an inner tube and experience the most intense movie experience of the summer. Now we're not necessarily going to stock the lake with man-eaters and chum the surrounding water, but let's just say, the horror on the screen is not all you'll have to watch out for. Due to the dangerous nature of this event, we will not allow ANY drinking of alcoholic beverages before the screening. It's firmly encouraged, however on the way back. (the boats will have bartenders on the way back. Ticket includes a free appetizer at Carlos and Charlies. Check back here for more details and ticket information, and we will be emailing tickets holders with full details."

I have had a chat with them and I may be "working the water" with my rebreather with a few others...:)

Here is the link:
http://www.drafthouse.com/online_tix/show_details.asp?show_id=406

Sounds very interesting....keep us up to date of how well it comes off.

(Honey...while are there bubbles under my innertube?)

I'll bet that the Psych students from UT will be floating in a boat watching through binoculars jotting notes furiously for that one. :)

TexasMike once bubbled...
Sounds very interesting....keep us up to date of how well it comes off.

(Honey...while are there bubbles under my innertube?)

But not with rebreather....:) SCUBA would be a dead give away...

Oooo....I like it.....sneaking up underneat them.....tickling a bum here....bumping another one there.

Perhaps even have a staged willing "Victim" that get's pulled underwater and dissappears (of course, this is a diver who knew it was going to happen and gets a regulator shoved in his mouth as soon as he's underwater)

Talk about full immersion!

Or how about a diver on a scooter that has a shark fin on their tank? The scooter should be enough to create the illusion of a wake with the fin.

Man i would pay good money to make that dive!

Wish i lived closer.

Good idea TexasMike...heheh...going to have to do that and we will call the move after you. I am working deals with them to have a "crew" to help have some fun at these shows....

Just what I need...."The TexasMike Maneuver!" (well...guess it's better than ol' Warhammer's).

don't forget the fake blood. Karo Syrup and red natural food coloring work real good (or beet root juice since that should bio degrade real quick.

Also, see if there is anyway you guys can hear the audio underwater. This way you can kinda coordinate the occasional grab of an ankle or hiney on several folks during the right parts of the movie. In otherwords when the shark is about. It's no good to grab someone when Roy Scheider is just standing on the beach talking.

And make sure something is done to play up the suspense of you guys actually being in the water. Like interrupting the film in the middle to have a guy dressed like the old fisherman in the movie come out in front of the screen and announce that sharks have been sighted in Lk. Travis, etc. This would be the time for the scooter divers with fins on their tanks to start making an appearance.

Finally, it would be also kinda funny if someone could take an underwater vidoe camera and run a feed directly to the screen. Kinda show of some live under-toob action.

Hmmm...when is this again....perhaps I need to come join the fun.

I don't think I could handle this. I still hear that music everytime I get in the water (ie. pool, quarry and especially salt water.) I would love to be a diver during this though. As long as I couldn't see the screen or hear the music.

I know I am a 200 pound full grown wimp.

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
I don't think I could handle this. I still hear that music everytime I get in the water (ie. pool, quarry and especially salt water.) I would love to be a diver during this though. As long as I couldn't see the screen or hear the music.

I know I am a 200 pound full grown wimp.

Chad

I sure hope the audience is going to be aware of ya'lls shenannigans. Think of all the people, young and old, that the original movie scarred for life. Now add to that, floating in the water and having someone grab a body part in sync with the action!

Maybe you should have EMS and a local shrink on site. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom