Ultimate cold water reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for the suggestions.

The MK17 G250 combo was suggested to me
quite often, so I will give it further attention, as well as the
XTX200...

Unfortunately, the only Aqualung dealer in Montreal is a bad one,
so I will not be getting anything from them...

Are double hose reg still made today?

They are not currently made, but there has been a resurgence in popularity with most of the prone to wear parts and soft parts, hoses, etc, for the DA Aquamaster, Royal Aquamaster and Mistral being reproduced.

The Pheonix nozzle is also made from time to time and this converts a DA Aqamaster to a balanced frst stage with LP and HP ports. Do a search for "PRAM" or "Phoenix Royal Aquamaster" here and check out Vintage Double Hose

I think the Cyclon 300 may be the best cold water regulator that was ever made. I've used it in water that was 28 degrees without any problem while exploring the underside of icebergs at depths well below the "recreational diving" limits. That said (and admitting that I'm a bit of a "side-breather" maniac) I've done the same with an Oceanic OMEGA-II and a MARES MR-12 NAVY ... also without any problems.

mares also has a modular body named the NTT which has better performace then a plastic body but not as good as a metal. dont know what the cost on one is but it might be worth looking at.

Good luck getting a Mares reg serviced. I'm getting ready for winter ice diving, had my Mares Proton Ice in the shop for annual service. They're been searching all over the world for 3 months for parts.

Contact Zack in the MARES area ... that sounds like a sloppy shop story.

I think the Cyclon 300 may be the best cold water regulator that was ever made. I've used it in water that was 28 degrees without any problem while exploring the underside of icebergs at depths well below the "recreational diving" limits. That said (and admitting that I'm a bit of a "side-breather" maniac) I've done the same with an Oceanic OMEGA-II and a MARES MR-12 NAVY ... also without any problems.

Strongly concur on the Cyklon 300 (the Mega-Purge 300). Won't fail on you, and after the dive you can use it to smash the ice off everything else! Tried a Jetstream a few times, but I'm still just a lot more comfortable with my old Cyklon. I HAVE found that when it gets real cold I need to close the 'will explode your head if it's wide open and you hit the purge or take a sharp breath sleeve' down a lot more - that burst of air when it cracks is not cool when it's - well, cold!

DOC

we sell and service mares. and i will find out for you by tomorrow night if we have the parts kit in stock to do a service for you. sorry to hear you are having bad luck with this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom