Ultima Dry Glove System question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The marigold gloves are not easy to find in the US.

I bought into this system about 6 or 7 years ago and EVERY dive below 25-30m resulted in wet hands.

When the dive shop contacted Waterproof, they confessed that the orange O-rings (the ones that are meant to keep your hands dry!!) were faulty and needed replacing. It was a known problem.

They never issued a warning or recall, preferring to stay quiet about a potentially very risky issue. The replacement o-rings were fine and the gloves were always dry thereafter but the 'keep quiet and wait and see' attitude from Waterproof stank and I'd never by another product from them.

---------------

On another issue - wtf are people pissing about, struggling to fit lined gloves when unlined gloves are straightforward to fit, can be wiped dry, fixed with some Aquasure or bicycle repair patch and don't end-up stinking?

They also lend themselves to insulation appropriate to the prevailing water temperature and the liners can be thrown into a washing machine at the end of a trip. Showa gloves are for people gutting fish on a factory trawler. I won't even use them for washing my car.
I don't understand? You like Showas or dislike them?

• Funny
Reactions: Zef
So, reinstalled the suit side and they leaked again.
I had the orange waterproof silicone seals fitted so have removed these and gone back to the black SiTech ones that came with the suit as they seem thicker.
I’ve put the seal lip on the end ring again but if that still leaks then I’ll try the centre ring again.

IMG_3892.jpeg

Not off to a great start unfortunately. My Seaskin Nova is leaking after 28 dives so contemplating sending it back for repair and getting Kubis fitted.

Very very odd. I have never had issues. Are you running a little silicone on the face to help them slide in better? I can just about feel when they slide in right vs being "off".

Very very odd. I have never had issues. Are you running a little silicone on the face to help them slide in better? I can just about feel when they slide in right vs being "off".
I did lube them before putting them in. Few pics of suit side
IMG_3897.jpeg

IMG_3896.jpeg

Glove side with and without the decorative ring
IMG_3895.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

The seal is on the inner groove, instructions suggest middle. Not sure which is actually best?

Those thin gloves are prone to leaks. I highly recommend Show 720s, but you will have to mount them differently, with the O-Ring on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom