ULCS adjustments and setup??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arenny:
Can I get a close up of how you attached the base of the light to the arm? Thanks so much! :)

It's all in pieces right now. I'll see what I can do over the weekend. Order the pieces Dee told you about, and then we can walk you thru putting it all together. It's really quite simple. I'll send you a piece of the red gel when I get it, too. Might be a couple weeks, though. I'll be in touch.

There was a suggestion above about using a beer cozy. Since the lens caps only cost $5 at Backscatter, and you live near them to pick them up instead of having to have one shipped, I'd really suggest getting them instead. They fit like they should and are really a better solution. I used the cozy for a while, too, prefer the real lens cap. YMMV

oh, wait... I actually already have a picture, but not a great one.

Cool, thanks! I got that tray extension at backscatter yesterday, the screws look different but same principle! I also looked at the infinity arm and that looked pretty cool.
You guys are awesome being so creative with the filters and all! Thanks so much for helping me get my gear together, will send a pic when it is done :)

arenny:
Cool, thanks! I got that tray extension at backscatter yesterday, the screws look different but same principle! I also looked at the infinity arm and that looked pretty cool.
You guys are awesome being so creative with the filters and all! Thanks so much for helping me get my gear together, will send a pic when it is done :)

Very perceptive of you, yes, my screws are different. I'm using the ULCS tray with an Ike housing for the F810, which requires me to use the tray upside down. So I have to use different hardware to mount the extension piece. Should have mentioned that....

I really suggest getting the locline from modularhose.com. It's gotta be cheaper than buying it from a retailer who has labeled it for a specific purpose. They ship very fast.

Did you get an extra lens cap for a red filter? Let me know and I'll send you the template for the hole you'lll need to cut, as well as a piece of the gel film once I get it.

Thanks Dee and JTemple!
I got the modular hose pieces and the piece that goes on top to connect to the Strobe is the YS fisheye adaptor from Reef Photo!

Can't wait to set it up! :)

Will post pictures when I get it all done.

Dee:
This is an old photo with the S&S YS90 strobe positioned for a macro shot. But I think you can see the arm well enough.

aak.jpg

As I said earlier, topside you need to keep the strobe/arm curled over the camera for stability. 1) it's a smaller package for the camera tub and 2) the loc-line arms are floppy when fully extended with the weight of the strobe at the end. But once in the water they stay in place very well.

Over time, the loc-line pieces will wear from the friction and will loosen up a bit. But it only costs a couple of bucks for a 4-5" section to replace them. I just recently replaced a section of my old original loc-line flexi-arm that has been well used for about 5 years. Still a great deal if you ask me.

Dee where did you buy your Fisheye tray from?? I am looking to add a strobe to my system now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom