UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the R5 beam compare to the R2? I want to keep the beam tight for mucky water conditions. Also, are cr123 batteries worth using with either the R2 or R5 and how would you fit a cr123 in an SL6?
The Hot spot on the R5 is twice the size as the R2 giving it more Lumens. The spill out on both are the same size but the R5 is twice as bright. I have dove both lights in 8ft to 25ft vis here the averge day here is 15ft vis. They both do great. With the SL6 you have 9volts and thats good for both LEDs. I have used the cr123 3.7v in a SL4 it takes 6 = 22.2 volts it works but they don't last long and burn up easly. If your after a rechageable batterie option. Look at AA batteries and a C batterie converter. I have some on order but have not tried it yet.
If you check on Ebay I have some beam shot pics. send me a PM when you are ready to buy. Thanks

HEY!!! I bought some on ebay, work perfectly, very happy wih the LEDs.

b.regards
daniel

Thanks Daniel I'm Glad they are working out for you. I have sold alot of LEDs to Italy, Spain, Austraila, Cyprus, England, Ireland and are freinds in Canada. Dive safe have fun

Bought the R2 from you, now I guess i've got to give the R5 a try. Is the 3 c-cell configuration in the scout enough power to run it?

Bought the R2 from you, now I guess i've got to give the R5 a try. Is the 3 c-cell configuration in the scout enough power to run it?

Yes you can run the R5 in the 3C scout. Burn time should be 3.5 to 4 hrs. Thanks

Got mine last week. Installed them this week. Damn, they are bright as anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom