UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two SL4's and was thinking of making the changes you have available. 1- is it hard to change? 2- does the led your selling have instructions and 3- did I hear about an R5? (this is an upgrade mod right)

very interested in two mods when you reply
thanks

Thanks for the intrest in the LED modules.
1 Its easy to change. Its just like changing the batteries. Unscrew the head take out the old bulb module drop in the LED module. Take out all the Batteries and replace the in the oppisite order so the positive end is at the bulb. Then screw back together.
2 yes I have instuction for the SL 4
3 Yes I have a R5 module now its 320+ lumens its Awsome. The burn time at full bright was 5.5hrs then it droped to around 200 the same as the R2. I have 9 hrs on it now and its still around the 200 lumens level.
The R5 is $39.99 and the R2 is $24.99 and free shipping for scubaboard members
Send me a PM if you would like one. I will give you the PayPal info. Thanks

I have had some questions about the mini scout. here is a pic. of the kit I put together for it. Its the R2 mod with 2 3 AAA battery holders and 6 AAA batteries for $39.99. The R2 needs at least 3.7v to run so this is a good way to get 9v in place of the 3v the 2 C batteries have.

Attachments

• !Bm,wF8gBWk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEtKdqeq5LBLfere8YCw~~_12.jpg
    !Bm,wF8gBWk~$(KGrHqUOKkUEtKdqeq5LBLfere8YCw~~_12.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 409
so im guessing there is no way to rig the torrent with one of these lights...i dont have the led version

Sorry not at this time, My dive buddy had a torrent. Now he has 3 SL4s with the R2 LED.

Just found this thread. I am very interested in getting your LED. My SL4 is not an LED. Can I convert my non-LED to "your" LED? If so, I am buying!

Just found this thread. I am very interested in getting your LED. My SL4 is not an LED. Can I convert my non-LED to "your" LED? If so, I am buying!

Yes this is a drop in for both SL4 lights and SL6. You just take out your light module and replace with this one also you need to take out all the batteries and reverse the diraction so the positive end is at the top to meet with the LED. Its no more work then changing the Batteries. If you would like then just send me a PM. thanks

Thanks for the intrest in the LED modules.
1 Its easy to change. Its just like changing the batteries. Unscrew the head take out the old bulb module drop in the LED module. Take out all the Batteries and replace the in the oppisite order so the positive end is at the bulb. Then screw back together.
2 yes I have instuction for the SL 4
3 Yes I have a R5 module now its 320+ lumens its Awsome. The burn time at full bright was 5.5hrs then it droped to around 200 the same as the R2. I have 9 hrs on it now and its still around the 200 lumens level.
The R5 is $39.99 and the R2 is $24.99 and free shipping for scubaboard members
Send me a PM if you would like one. I will give you the PayPal info. Thanks

How does the R5 beam compare to the R2? I want to keep the beam tight for mucky water conditions. Also, are cr123 batteries worth using with either the R2 or R5 and how would you fit a cr123 in an SL6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom