UK Light Cannon that fragile?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He-MaN

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about the UK Light Cannon...
I was interested buying this torch but as I live in Brazil I don't think it's interesting if the bulb is that fragile as you say there!
Becase while you pay 70~85 USD for a bulb there, here in Brazil it'd cost something like 200 USD.
Should I get a UK D4 or D8 instead of Light Cannon?

Anyone help?
My cousin is at USA and he's coming back in 5 days... I have to tell him as soon as I can what I want him to buy to me!
I'm almost changing my mind and asking him to bring me the D8 instead of Light Cannon...

Either light will work....If you cannot afford fixing the Cannon (i.e. buying a new light), then don't get it.

Myself and my buddy have recently purchased LC100's. We were very concerned about the bulbs breaking. From our research it appears that the main cause of breaking bulbs is the bulb hitting the reflector from a very large drop or if the bulb comes loose. So every time I check the batteries I also make sure the bulb is securely inserted as well as the obvious - don't drop your light!

We are both very happy with the HID. Once you see it compared to another light you'll be glad you got the LC100.

Aaron.

just ordered my second Light Cannon replacement bulb in just under 12 months.

Great torch.

unlucky once and dropped it, other time lent it to someone and got it back broke. That'll teach me :p

I'd be cautious about it. For similar money i'd got with a Kowalski. Not HID but sweet torches. and they don't open to charge :)

I am buying a second torch and was thinking about another Light Cannon, but am going with the Kowalski instead.

s

forgot to say. YOu can be as careful as you like but dive gear gets knocked around no matter how careful you are. Its par for the course. You will end up replacing it no matter what.

D8 is a geat torch too but a bit bulky.

Back
Top Bottom