UK diver in Brisbane area in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I'm travelling to Brisbane for the first 3 weeks of June - the first two weeks are for business, and the last week is holiday. My passion is diving, so I'm hoping to do as much of it as possible while I'm there. I'm IANTD ART certified - I dive twin 12's in the UK all year round in sea and inland, but I'm considering whether I would be better off just doing single cylinder diving while in Australia.

I just had a few questions, and wondered whether anyone can help.

1. Water temperature in Brisbane area in June. I dive a dry suit in the UK, and actually don't have my own wetsuit so will be buying one. Just wondered what the water temperatures are likely to be, so that I can get the right one.

2. Should I ditch the twinset in Australia and dive single AL80 or is it common/easy to use twins? The advantage for that for me is that I wouldn't need to buy new kit (smaller wing etc) although I'm not hugely opposed to that as a warm water kit set would be useful in future anyway.

3. Any recommended dive shops in the area? I've been recommended to dive HMAS Brisbane but the rest of the diving is not planned yet. If there is a good dive shop in Brisbane that I can do a LOT of diving with in the last week then that'd be good. I love diving wrecks, but I'm sure there are nice reef dives there too.

4. Any opportunity for evening diving after work or does that not happen?

Thanks, looking forward to the trip!

1. I dive a drysuit in winter here (June is our winter). Temps will get as low as 16-17 degrees Celsius.

2. Twins (bm or sm) are not hugely popular here in Brisbane due to the easy level of diving, lack of depth and any real wrecks to dive but there is a small handful of twin tank divers (like me!)

3. Depends on what you want to dive. Most charters run similar dive sites though.

4. Night dives are run by certain charters or you can do several shore night dives

Cheers!

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take a look at Professional dive services out of Brisbane.

You should expect temps to be around 20/21 deg.C at the time your here- so a good semi-dry 5mm(like a w1 waterproof wetsuit) and hood would be fine.
- sept. is the coldest month with lowest I've experienced 18 deg.c
I would recommend Sunreef for your HMAS Brisbane dives. Dive The Ex-HMAS Brisbane | HMAS Brisbane Wreck Dive | SCUBA DIVE SUNSHINE COAST QUEENSLAND AUSTRALIA WITH SUNREEF
If you can get 11th to 14th off you could go with Professional dive services to the bunker group and lady Elliot island, which is warmer and great diving.(need to hurry this fills up quickly as it's prime time for diving that area). it would be the best value of the lot... including tranfers from brisso -12 dives with night dives included. Explore the Capricorn Bunker Group and Southern Great Barrier Reef aboard the MV Adori
Flinders reef with Snorkel safari Snorkel Safari Brisbane Day Trips Moreton Bay and Flinders Reef
Flat rock with GO dive Brisbane Dive Sites | Moreton Bay Dive Sites | Flinders Reef Scuba Dive | Scuba Dive Brisbane | PADI Dive Shop
or manta lodge- if you go out on the ferry and spend a nite there. North Stradbroke Island's only 5 Star PADI Dive Centre, Since 1992

I would recommend a weekend down at Byron bay also. good for GNS http://www.sundive.com.au/

Don't bother with your twin rig, bring a UW camera and smaller 30lb wing.

Reactions: MA
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom