Question May 11 - 19; HMAS Brisbane & Wolf Rock Dives - Anyone else around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Koalaroo

Bubblebabbler
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heya all,
I feel like a very disloyal friend, only here to hang out whenever I have actually booked some diving somewhere :p ... Which basically is only a mere fingerful or two per year...

Anyway - it is that time again, and I have booked:

12 May: Flinders Reef
13 & 14 May: HMAS Brisbane
15 - 18 May: Daily Wolf Rock Dives

Staying at the Alexandra Headlands the first 3 nights, and then in Rainbow Beach from 15th - 19th May.

Hoping that maybe someone might be around, to share a meal/bubbles/cuppa/etc. with us and tell some ocean yarn?

Gio

12 May: Flinders Reef
13 & 14 May: HMAS Brisbane
15 - 18 May: Daily Wolf Rock Dives
Sorry, I can't, I will be diving in Bali 8th to the 23rd May .
Keep posting dates , it could happen.
Who are you diving with at the above dates?

Sorry, I can't, I will be diving in Bali 8th to the 23rd May .
Keep posting dates , it could happen.
Who are you diving with at the above dates?

Bali! Super exciting. I'm looking forward to reading about it.
:D I kinda figured that this is the week a whole bunch are going diving all over, since it is past the public holidays and past the school-vacationers' times.

HMAS Brisbane and Flinders Reef we're doing with Sunreef.
Wolf Rock we're doing with Wolf Rock Dives.

I'm tempted to add the Nudibranch Dive with Gary Cobb in April to my roster, but I don't know quite yet whether I can make it work.

I'm tempted to add the Nudibranch Dive with Gary Cobb
I did a 2 hour solo dive with Gary cobbs group, did not see another diver for 2 hours, I had a great dive, alone.
I am not into taking photos of 'Slugis -you-beautius' , or whatever name they call them, just wanted time in the water, max depth was only. 14m
Gary knows his stuff, and every name for everyone of them, I just took my time looking at turtles and coral, my Zen time.

Wolf rock, I dived it on a perfect day once, only 2 of us in the water, great vis, flat surface, 5 Qld grouper, one the size of a small car, grey Nurse Shark under a thermocline, a Bronze Whaler shark circling our deco stop, it goes on and an on, the 2nd dive was even better, one of the best dives in Australia on a good day, I have had a couple of shocking dives there also, poor vis and bumping into a large shark at 30m, not knowing where it was as we ascended to our first stop, this was from my own dive charter boat which I sold to an operator up there years ago.
Enjoy.

I did a 2 hour solo dive with Gary cobbs group, did not see another diver for 2 hours, I had a great dive, alone.
I am not into taking photos of 'Slugis -you-beautius' , or whatever name they call them, just wanted time in the water, max depth was only. 14m
Gary knows his stuff, and every name for everyone of them, I just took my time looking at turtles and coral, my Zen time.

Wolf rock, I dived it on a perfect day once, only 2 of us in the water, great vis, flat surface, 5 Qld grouper, one the size of a small car, grey Nurse Shark under a thermocline, a Bronze Whaler shark circling our deco stop, it goes on and an on, the 2nd dive was even better, one of the best dives in Australia on a good day, I have had a couple of shocking dives there also, poor vis and bumping into a large shark at 30m, not knowing where it was as we ascended to our first stop, this was from my own dive charter boat which I sold to an operator up there years ago.
Enjoy.
Thank you so much, Pressurehead :) Here is to hoping we have more "good days, than bads" .. The last 3 months were a bit hit and miss, to put it lightly, with regards to the weather. Seriously hoping by May we see fewer storms and rains again.

Back
Top Bottom