UK aqualite pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have bought my Aqualites. I'm currently on light number 4 and awaiting word on replacement light number 5.

I had 2 of the original Aqualites; one of which flooded on my first dive with it. I had no idea why the light flooded and assumed that it was a bad o-ring. I took that light back to the store that I bought it from and returned it in exchange for the Aqualite Pro.

I had the Pro for a couple of weeks when I noticed that the white plastic housing had cracked in several places. On a whim I inspected the other Aquilite that I had and noticed that the plastic housing for that was cracked as well. Now both my Aqualites were cracked, one of which I had used once; the other I hadn't used at all. All I did was to affix the plastic ball mount to the Aqualite Pro then put it on my desk in preparation for my next dive, that was it.

I contacted UK and they replaced both lights without a lot of fuss. I received the replacements in two separate shipments. One I've had for 6-8 weeks which appears (I can't be sure) to be cracking in the same place. The other light I've had for 2-3 weeks and the plastic housing is most definatly cracked all the way thru.

All I've done with both of these lights is to affix the plastic ball mount then laid them on my desk. They still function 100% but at least one will certainly flood if I take it diving as it is cracked all the way thru and I'm not certain about the other one.

This seems to be a design and/or a manufacturing issue as these things are cracking slowly over time. Personally I cannot recommend them and fear that I may be out a decent amount of money.

Hope that helps.

I have had an Aqualite for 2 years used on over 100 dives without issue. Mine has ball mount installed as well.

Not sure why Jerrwhy01 is having so many problems. If the lights were not cracked before he installed the ball mounts they should not be cracked after.

I sent back my Aqualite Pro that was cracking a couple of weeks ago and received the replacement last night. It turns on for a few seconds then shuts off. To get it to come back on I have to loosen the light head, retighten, then turn on the light only to have it shut off after a few seconds. My guess is that there's an overheating circuit that's causing it to shut down.

I put a call into Underwater Kinetics. I'm suppose to get a couple of calls from their engineering department; I'm not optimistic.

On the plus side I haven't owned it long enough for the plastic housing to crack yet so I've got that going for me I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom