Ugly Rumor about Pebble Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spectre

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, the rumor that has been floating around this weekend is that Rockport made Pebble Beach parking 'resident only'. If that's true, it kills off two more dive sites [Pebble Beach and Lollobily Cove], and kills off one of the only sites that has decent parking [leaving only Cathedral, Back Beach, with Stage Fort if the weather is bad and they aren't charging].

DIVING IS NOT A CRIME! [Well, generally...]

Three of us went friday and from what I saw they have closed the road to parking. Never having dove there I was unsure where you were allowed to park. We went to stage fort, long trek to the water. Had about 8-10 ft vis and got 6 bugs.

Missed the NDI lobsta divers because of a graduation party. Hope there is another dive this year that we can make.

I am just going to have to buy a house in Rockport and get a resident sticker. I found this one and am going to buy it. I need a little help though. So far I have $20. I taking up a collection to raise the rest. All board members are welcome to use the resident sticker and house as a home base. Only $353,980 to go!!!

I am not sure how to react. this was one of the best places to go both day and night. parking was always plentiful. The resident only parking was at the end of the road. This was also a great place to park to go to Loblolly cove. I have about $300 in rolled change to contribute to the house.

livestodive once bubbled...
Three of us went friday and from what I saw they have closed the road to parking. Never having dove there I was unsure where you were allowed to park.

I've also heard that Cape Ann Divers will be running a shuttle service to Pebble Beach, but I'm not sure that's true, and it sounds like a pain in the butt.

I went to Pebble last night and it looks like about half the beach is resident only. The first half looks like the signs are unchanged. I am going to hopefully stop by Cape Anne Divers today to see if I can verify this. I will post tomorow any details I find out.

dkerr,

That matches what I heard a couple of weeks ago, half and half. Let us know what you find out.

Ralph

Back
Top Bottom