Uemis Zuerich dive assistant!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

binobanana

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Who has it? Can it do Imperial? How does it work? Would you recoment it?
Or what do you think about it? :popcorn:

Who has it? Can it do Imperial? How does it work? Would you recoment it?
Or what do you think about it? :popcorn:

It looks super cool, and the gadget geek in my really wants one, however its a bit pricey, and a bit much for what I need. I was thinking of a D9 to replace the Gecko next year, but this is looking to be a strong contender.

One of my buddies got to play with one at Beneath the sea, and said the interface was pretty easy to work, and could probably be done with gloves, but I'd find a local dealer and play with one before buying, and maybe wait a bit to make sure there are no bugs, I don't like to buy tech brand new, and I believe this is a fairly new computer. Sometimes bugs do make it past QA, so even if I had money for it, I'd wait a few months.

The main complaint he mentioned was no desktop software, it has to be ported to a web page. (So of course tempting to get one to see if I can grab the data from it)

Yes, the unit has a very interesting platform in the internet and there is also a public forum at Home - uemis DiveWorld
While the europeans love it this way, the americans are more hesitant about the internet platform and we are planning to offer an export function of the data. However, I do not know when this exactly will be available.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom