UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How wrong can wind guru be, great conditions and thanks Stewart for the heads up on the Barracuda, good day out :D

No spectacular shots today, had some issues focussing I don't know if it is my eyes after the knock on the head I had two nights ago trying to walk through a glass door or just an off day.

Found these eggs on the bow rail of Inchcape 10

On the second site I noticed these eggs, given the size of the rings which were around 5 inches in diameter and the close proximity of the monster Dendrodoris, I assume that is where they came from.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2015 at 03:52 PM ----------

24C at 21M on Inch 10, 5M it was 26C

At the bottom of the Meemo dive site 17M it was 27C all the way to the surface :D Perhaps time to move to my 3 mil

Couple of nudi shots from Meemo

And one of a crocodile fish that was lurking nearby

There were lots of scorpionfish around, and some very well camouflaged

Three dives from a dhow today, only seven of us diving and nice to have so much space.

Inchcape 10, 24M, 23C bottom temp, 10M visibility

Covered in Phidiana militaris with a few small Phidiana indica

Some mating Herviella cloaca, damn I was using my 60mm lens today

on ascent the mass of fish was brilliant to watch, snapper and fusiliers being attacked by marauding jack.

The Blocks, 22M, 23C bottom temp, 2M visibility

Quite a few nudis, ignored the Phidiana, best find was this small seahorse

Several pairs of Risbecia pulchella

Last dive on Meemo, 16M, 27C from surface to bottom, also stingers from surface to bottom :eek:

Mainly a Hypselodoris carnae fest here today

Lone Hypselodoris infucata

Great dives and great company

Not diving this weekend but drove to Stoney Cove to collect filled tank and stage, in preparation for next w/e's dives at Swanage. Dive conditions at Stoney looked awesome today (water still at 7C).

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431787727.623253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long way to go to fill a tank D

Indeed!... Dropped off Angelos's regs for servicing (indirectly setting up a visit in two weeks' time to collect) - hopefully I'll find a buddy and be able to dive then [emoji120]

My Olympus was beginning to wear, so it has been replaced with my D7000. Nauticam is discontinuing the housing, and I found a good price on a housing.

Car Cem Cats.jpg

What lens are you using Abdullah?

Interesting choice of lens, is that because you bought the housing as a package?

It's the best crop sensor WA lens, I think. I used it before for landscapes and it does very cool things with linear architectural features. I don't think I've seen it anywhere as a kit lens, or as part of a package (it's about $800, as much as the camera body).

I've had the D7000 for 3 years, but never bought the housing because my Olympus EPM1 was meeting the need, and the metal housings are bit pricey. But the Oly plastic housing distorted a bit at 42 meters (rated for 45) and I decided to upgrade to my D7000. US prices for the Nauticam D7000 housing were about $800 lower than last year. I bought an 8 inch dome port, moved my YS-D1 strobes over, and was ready to shoot.

I really like the Nauticam housing and am glad I went for the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom