UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Chromodoris gordonii
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Back to BDC this weekend and without my usual buddy as she's back home in Germany for her Mum's birthday.

Had the pleasure of @hedonist222 and Jonny for dives on Paradise Reef and the Blocks.

Visibility was an incredible 20m minimum on Paradise Reef with temp of 25C. Glad I decided to use my 5mm. Second dive on the blocks it was a degree warmer and vis down to 10m, which for the Blocks is brilliant :D

Pregnant seahorse on Paradise Reef

FUJ_7869M1Csig-L.jpg

A couple of nudis on Paradise Reef too :D

Descending down to The Blocks (22m) the vis was incredible until 20m when the vis deteriorated. Hedonist222 spotted a snake eel in a hold but by the time I positioned myself to photograph it a sandstorm came in. Not really sure who caused it but there was one guy wearing free diving fins that I suspect :rolleyes:

There were some usual nudis around but it wasn't until I investigated another group of blocks that I found a lone Hypselodoris pulchella, normally they are in pairs in trailing mode.

FUJ_7896MCsig-M.jpg

Hopefully I can get back to the Blocks again next week.

Attachments

• FUJ_7869MCsig-L.jpg
    FUJ_7869MCsig-L.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 6

Searcaigh

Chromodoris gordonii
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Well something neither my buddy nor myself was prepared for today ..... a WHALESHARK

We were dropping down on Ruby Reef un a crazy current. When I was at 5m I saw this weird fish and couldn't figure out where the head was or the tail then realised it was a mouth!

I still hadn't turned my camera on never mind the strobes and it passed me very quickly and swam under the boat. My buddy managed to get one shot as it disappeared into the gloom.

full

Mega currents and we surfaced briefly to be towed back to the shotline.

The rest of the dive was uneventful :rofl3:

On the second dive at The Blocks, there were dozens of H. dolfusi it was ridiculous, but then at the end (of course) I came across a Gymnodoris impudica about to have lunch.

Bottom temp on Ruby Reef was 24C and on The Blocks 25C

Soon be time to get the drysuit out :D

Searcaigh

Chromodoris gordonii
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Back to Ruby Reef again this morning and still a little bit of current today but not as bad as last week.

We had a turtle and squid as well as two seahorses and two electric rays.

The gem though was this tiny juvenile triangular cow fish spotted by @hedonist222

FUJ_7935MCsig-M.jpg

Inchape 10 had a lot of nudis, mainly Hypselodoris infucata, but it was interesting to see several Goniodoridella savigny.

FUJ_7958MCsig-M.jpg

Bottom temp on ruby Reef was 26C and on Inch 10 27C.

A really good day's diving.

Searcaigh

Chromodoris gordonii
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dived "Paradise Sands" this morning, the person driving the boat gave incorrect instructions for dropping the shot line :mad:

After 20 minutes trying to locate the reef at 29m we gave up. Another group found the reef after 15 mins.

The second dive was on Inchcape 10 which is currently a nudi paradise, and the good news is that the Phidiana militaris are back :D

FUJ_8008MCsig-M.jpg

Dozens of Hypselodoris infucata too

FUJ_7996MCsig-M.jpg

26C on Paradise Sands, and 27C on Inchcape 10.

hedonist222

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did some tec training with @RainPilot today at snoopy rock.
Was fun.

Then a dive at snoopy deep.
There was a school of Bat Fish. No less than twenty at the shot line.
Among the school were four large Canthidermis sufflamen (Ocean Triggerfish).
The only other time I saw this species was once a few months ago at night. A solitary one snuggled up and asleep.

Searcaigh

Chromodoris gordonii
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The past few weekends have had some dreadful vis on Inchcape 10, so bad that some divers couldn't find the mooring line and did a free ascent with smb. However last Friday was a bit better and good to see some Phidiana / Caloria species returning :D

Had a decent first dive on Ruby Reef both last Friday and the week before too.

Water temps are still around 26C which is very comfortable.

Oman Hawkfish

Banded Sea Krait

Seahorse (Hippocampus sp)

Hopefully the water remains at this temperature for a few more months as I'm very comfortable in my Waterproof W7 5mm suit, and interested to see how warm it will be as the temperatures decrease before I have to start using my drysuit again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Top Bottom