UAE East Coast Temperatures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in UAE waters, or perhaps a better description would be bath waters.

Dived Inchcape 10 yesterday, two distinct thermoclines, one around 10M and another about 16M, bottom temp was 27C, strangely I got a bit chilly about half way through the first dive, Glenn loaned me a hood for the second dive as for once I was not using my hooded vest.

Usual nudis spotted only on the second dive, H. carnae, H. dolfuzi and Phidiana indica or militaris

Was shooting 85mm macro

Did not dive today but my daughter dived Dibba Rock, 32C, she felt that she was sweating underwater in a 3mm.

Guitarshark, seven blacktip sharks, a turtle and a jawfish were the highlights for her two dives.

An idiot with no situational awareness landed on her when she was next to the guitarshark and scared the fish away, another idiot swimming vertically was poking at any fish with a GoPro on a stick and managed to scare off the turtle!

I think I will buy her a speargun for Christmas so she can shoot some of these idiots :D

Gordon...Maybe instead of a spear gun you might consider one of these air guns.:lurk2:

h2o-torid-pulse-Big-1.jpg maxresdefault.jpg http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge.../473739-anyone-ever-use-one-these-things.html

Hi Michael got a link for that device?

A spear gun will draw blood then I can perhaps obtain some shark photos :D

Despite the bumpy conditions, successful trip into Musandam over the weekend. Couldn't do many varied sites due to the sea state, but good time had none the less.

DSC_0210.jpg

Simon were you on an overnighter?

Seems all UAE east coast ops were stopped going out yesterday and today, I wanted to dive Inch 1 today to use up EAN32 in my larger doubles so that I can have them filled with 20/35 for a dive on the Ines this week

Yes I was, left Dibba on Friday morning.

We only dived Ras Narovi, Lima north, and 3 dives in Ras Lima. Octopus Rock was a bit too bumpy for some, so we headed to Narovi.

Who are you diving Innes with? 20/35, deepish END?

Yes I was, left Dibba on Friday morning.

We only dived Ras Narovi, Lima north, and 3 dives in Ras Lima. Octopus Rock was a bit too bumpy for some, so we headed to Narovi.

Who are you diving Innes with? 20/35, deepish END?

Diving with Glenn at CTD along with my buddy Dimitris who is leaving at the end of this week back to UK, will be our last dive together here in UAE unless he is over for business …. at least I have a buddy to dive with in Scotland next summer if plans work out

Dive is planned to 55M, basically to photograph the prop, assuming the weather improves.

Must get up to Musandam again but all this cross border hassle puts me off

Maybe a trip to Khasab on the west side?

---------- Post added August 10th, 2014 at 05:18 PM ----------

While shark photos are very important in life...I think the bubble gun will result in less legal issues :)

Torid Pulse Bubble Gun - $129.99 : Aquatic Discovery Scuba Center, Santa Clara-- California

To be honest I can't see Dubai customs allowing that to be imported, but you never know

To be honest I can't see Dubai customs allowing that to be imported, but you never know

You are probably right...the idea of an underwater toy might be a very foreign concept to them.

Flying in and out of Baghdad with my regulators as carry-on, I had to bring along diving magazines to show the "security" guards what I used them for...not much recreational diving in Iraq.

Looks like shark chumming is still your best option :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom