U/W Capture the Flag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HAHaha I'll bring my bbq tongs underwater and pinching people's butt with it.
Btw how many people are interested so far?
Will anyone from the Greater Vancouver Area Dive Club be joining us as well?

sharkmasterbc:
No one deeper than 12m.(comps and depth guages will be monitored at the end of game and if anyone is below depth they will be DQ'd and the flags thy retreived will not count.
Anyone surfacing with less than 800psi (assuming it's an al 80) will also be DQ'd.

what are meters? Remember, we're still in canada over here. psi we understand, but meters? hahaha. For those of you trying to do the math in your head, it's 40'.

I'm down with the game. Sounds like good times.

Sean

sharkmasterbc:
Need some help here...I've always wanted to orginize U/W capture the flag but as for the rules ???
How many people would be into it ?
How many buddy teams in the water at the same time ?
Lets get the brainstorming going and make this happen !!!

If it doesn't involve harpoon guns or holding your knife between your teeth I don't want to play.... :D

Ok, seriously, I think you'd need to rope off an area under water that's big enough that you can only see about 1/10th of the field. So if the viz was about 10ft you'd need a 100ft by 100ft field. Depth shouldn't be more than about 5 metres (15ft or so). I think you could set it up in the shallows at Whytecliff (runs off to about 30ft right?)

Start the teams at bouys on opposing corners of the field, four or six to a team. At a given signal both teams descend and the game is on. First team to surface with the other team's flag at their own home buoy wins.

You'd need some safety oriented rules (no physical contact with opposing players, the flag must be planted and not carried etc) and a couple of safety divers in the field to keep the peace. You'd also need something to identfy teams like coloured helmets or something and a time limit. Maybe 30 minutes per round or so to make sure that not too many players run out of air in their enthusiasm. :)

Sounds like loads of fun.

R..

I'm in. Capture the flag would be great fun. Are the teams just buddy teams or a team made up of buddies ? This could be a blast. The flag would have to be heavy so it would sink and it should be something that can be passed like a relay thingy :D

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom