U.S. economy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren Buffet looks at the COMPANY, not the stock. He decides whether the company is in a good business and well run.

The other difference is that if Mr. Buffet doesn't like the way a company is being run, changes are made and heads roll.

If I don't like the way a company is run, all I can do is sell at a loss.

Terry

There is an exception to your rule: You also lose money when your company goes bankrupt. Ever thought about what it means if the Dow Jones Industrial Index hits zero?
Then I'll put it an order for a gazillion shares of HP, Amex, AT&T, Coca Cola, Home Depot, Microsoft, Walt Disney, Walmart, and McDonalds.

It'll cost me nothing, and I'll own all the burgers, fries, coke, communications, entertainment, home appliances, and miscellaneous crap I could ever use... :wink:

The other difference is that if Mr. Buffet doesn't like the way a company is being run, changes are made and heads roll.

If I don't like the way a company is run, all I can do is sell at a loss.

Terry

Assuming you make a bad investment that is; Buffet didn't get to where he is now without being the little guy first.

No "snowbird" 3 months in Florida this winter. Just 7 mil wetsuit diving in frigid Nova Scotia!

It makes the boat charters a bit more expensive, but the hardest part is that there isn't as many new people joining the SCUBA club...

Question for some in the finance business,I saw where someone said invest in Ford,GMC when it hits bottm,,,,would that really be a good idea,,,,or invest in propertys,forecloseures and such,or commoditys,corn,sugar,pork,ect,,speculations I guess,,,,just curious,,,Got few dollars to invest,already got one good deal on a foreclosure.any and all opinions welcome,,,close to retirement and didnt really plan,,partied too much.I;m not interested in leaving alot to kids or anything ,,just live comforable in old age,,,I;m 52 and have a good pension coming up soon and in good health.but have some expensive hobbies

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom