U.B.S. (unidentified breathing apparatus)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zencat

Registered
Reaction score
got several old regs in a bunch of stuff. am looking for info about them.
1) dacor 350..managed to take it apart and reassemble it with no prob. seems to be in good working condition with only the generic/expendable parts (o-rings) needing replacement.

2) aqua lung "Aquarius"..this bomb is REALY odd...one piece cast mtl body with 1HP and 2LP ports...also able to pull apart and check condition...seems to work.

3) sherwood ..no idea what mod or when it was made...5LP and 1HP ports...have pulled apart/serviced and dove it a few times...no prob.

Q...looking for tec/historical info on 1 & 2 ...dont plan to dive them.
also can the sherwood be fitted with DIN...it is currently yoke.

see pix here.......oaktownboardz.com/scuba

The Aquarius is from the early 70’s. It is an unbalanced piston regulator. It is simple and reliable similar to many modern unbalanced regulators. The Aquarius has the advantage of having an easily adjustable IP.

It was in production through the 70’s. I don’t know how long did US Divers (now Aqua Lung) continued to make this Aquarius.

If you need service kits you may want to get in contact with VintageDoubleHose.com, he used to have service kits for this regulator.

Photo_2006_2_28_0_27_7_edited-2.jpg

thats soooo cool! diagramme and everything.
the only thing it realy needed was 1 new o-ring and some lube. (dont we all from time to time)
the single piece cased housing rely make this uneque.
thanx Luis

the single piece cased housing rely make this uneque.
thanx Luis

For a modern regulator perhaps, but that was fairly common on many single hose regulators in the late 60’s and early 70’s. I can think of some US Divers, Dacor (Olympic), several Voit, Healthways, White Stag, etc.

That's pretty cool. Does anyone make an unbalanced piston with an externally adjustable IP nowadays?

That's pretty cool. Does anyone make an unbalanced piston with an externally adjustable IP nowadays?

I cant think of any in the last year or two, the most recent I can think (about 4 Years back) of was the BEUCHAT VS3 which had threaded external adjustable nut behind the yolk clamp,tightening it forced three rods to press down on a carrier and increase the IP.

Okay off for :coffee:

Q...looking for tec/historical info on 1 & 2 ...dont plan to dive them.

Why don't you want to dive them? Are they really beat up or something?

no....just old and probably cant get parts if it screws up. besides I have 2 scummy pro MK10s...a sherwood and a 4 year old cressi that are doing just fine.. I know what to look for on craigslist and just buy butloads of old reliable stuff like MK10s and conshelf 2nd stages.

p.s.
that baby needs a mask :wink:

no....just old and probably cant get parts if it screws up. besides I have 2 scummy pro MK10s...a sherwood and a 4 year old cressi that are doing just fine.. I know what to look for on craigslist and just buy butloads of old reliable stuff like MK10s and conshelf 2nd stages.

p.s.
that baby needs a mask :wink:

That "baby" is now 4 and has a pink mask, pink snorkel, pink split fins, a pink snorkel vest and a shortie. :D She hasn't decided yet if she's MOF or NMOF.

I had my Aquarius overhauled by my LDS about two years ago. I use it to provide an octopus / SPG / BC inflator with my double hose off of an H valve, when I dive places that insist on all those things.

My LDS is a Aqualung dealer of long standing, whether he had old stock parts or they are still available I'm not sure. A lot of regulators form the US Divers days had parts in common.

Back
Top Bottom