got some old gear today anything good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaops

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
got a bag full of bcd's today and a couple of regs. any info on this stuff would be great. thanks once again guys :D

1st stage has pat. no. 3,244,196 1hp port 1 lp port, 2nd stage has healthways scuba "300" on it
8388310a.jpg

1st stage has 1hp port 2 lp ports, stamped "3000psi service" and has a aqua-lung aquarius knob on it. 2nd stage has aqua-lung aquarius and 77 47960 on it sherwood pressure gauge and hoses.
9bf93343.jpg

pink dacor
8dfae0ab.jpg

oceanpro bioflex size medium
da7e15a0.jpg

cayman genesis
3f831650.jpg

dacor nautica
0265ac2c.jpg

sherwood freedom
8b82f212.jpg

The Healthways is pretty much a show piece. It's a flow by piston design and most likely could be put back in service but IMO most divers should not bother with it. No parts are available, I on the other hand restore old regs so I would rebuild it just for the challenge. I have a similar one on the bench now and I am going to have to modify the piston and make a HP seat for it. The Aquarious is also a flow by piston but of a somewhat better design and if you are so inclined, it makes a nice little reg. Not a high performer but still not a bad quarry or shallow reef reg. Parts are not available for it either but it is pretty easy to DIY them. I have a thread going now that describes how to do it.

The BCs are OK at best. The Cayman might be good if it holds air. If that Oceanpro has the inflator on it I think it does (it's smaller than most) it is a POS. IF it works great but if it is defective (common) then you have land fill material. If the Dacors and Sherwood hold air (those inflators and dumps can usually be repaired) then they would be OK as well. Again, nothing fancy but they will get the job done. Not top of the line gear but the Cayman BC and the Aquarius would not be a bad combo for easy diving.

thanks for the info herman. can you pm me the link to your diy? all the bc's hold air :)

That Aquarius is dangerous and you'll die if you try to dive it! Send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you!:wink:

Seriously, the Aquarius is a simple, rugged, dependable regulator that is fiendishly simple to service and repair. It's my favorite single hose reg. I have seven of them!

That Aquarius is dangerous and you'll die if you try to dive it! Send it to me and I'll dispose of it for you!:wink:
Seriously, the Aquarius is a simple, rugged, dependable regulator that is fiendishly simple to service and repair. It's my favorite single hose reg. I have seven of them!

:rofl3::rofl3: From a man who owns at least 5 of them....you should be dead long ago. :)

I am last minute planning on Protage next weekend, you coming?

I'm trying to get there, Herman. I had planned to pull my camper over there for the whole weekend, but my Suburban is in the shop with a sick carburetor. I may have to borrow my son's car, make it a day trip on Friday or Saturday, get in two or three dives, then head back home.

By the way, I only have seven Aquarius regs.

Back
Top Bottom