TZ10 inside a DiCaPac vs. 150 Euro or less UW camera for snorkeling in the Seychelles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

univac

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, my new wife and I are heading off on our honeymoon to the Seychelles. We plan to do a lot of snorkeling and would like to upgrade from the single use UW cameras you can buy at the drugstore.

We already own a Panasonic TZ10 and saw that it has an UW scene mode. The question is: are we better off using our camera with a DiCaPac soft housing (or similar) or invest in a very basic (150 Euro max) waterproof digital camera like the Olympus TG-320 (or similar). The UW housing for the TZ10 from Panasonic is too expensive, for that price and a bit more you could almost buy the Panasonic DMC-FT3 which again we cannot yet justify for the few times we get to enjoy snorkeling.

I realize this is super beginner stuff, but perhaps someone might have an opinion or experience to share.

Cheers,
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom