typing moves way too slow???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ga Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I love reading all the items on SB, but when typing, it takes like 30 seconds to make this first sentence? I have highspeed internet, but on SB everthing seems to work in super slow motion. I'm not cutting the site, because I can deal with the slow speed, but I don't post near as much since it takes forever to wait on the curser to finish and see what I have typed. Is there anything I can do or change to make my computer type and work faster on SB, so I can enjoy it a lot more? Than ks for any help...

I have changed your account to show the default response editor with no special toolbars which may help to speed things up. If the type rate remains slow please respond with your computer speed, operating system and browser version. Thank you!

It -has- to be something localized on your browser... I've had that happen before when I've been all over places on the 'net, and my browser picks up some flakey cookie or something.

Web based forms aren't directly interactive, in that the form input is sent in a burst on submit, not like some other interfaces where the server locally echos your key back to you [you type it, it goes, and what you see is what the server returns]. In those situations, yes, the site can be responsible for 'lag'; but it has to be something local on your end if you see it with a web based forum.

However... that doesn't mean Tech Admin, or others, won't be able to pinpoint your issues with the information being requested.

Spectre:
It -has- to be something localized on your browser... I've had that happen before when I've been all over places on the 'net, and my browser picks up some flakey cookie or something.

I have the same thing happen when I've been doing a lot of surfing. Usually I can log off the board and back on and it's fixed. On rare occasions I actually have to close my browser (in my case AOL) to get rid of the problem.

Tech Admin:
I have changed your account to show the default response editor with no special toolbars which may help to speed things up. If the type rate remains slow please respond with your computer speed, operating system and browser version. Thank you!

Tech Admin, Thanks for your help. I went in and defragmented and cleaned some old programs out. I think with that and your help, it types a little faster, at least it's bearable. My operating system is Windows 98 and the browser is Microsoft Internet Explorer, I added two boards to max my system sometime ago on my HP6370Z Pavilion. I'm better at diving than computers, maybe this helps understand what I have.

Thanks again, Ga Diver

Back
Top Bottom