Typhoon Kammuri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mayor of Puerto Galera getting the word out to residents. He's in the dark blue jacket....

mayorpuerto.jpg

White beach showing extreme flooding. I can imagine how bad Puerto Galera is....

Mayor of Puerto Galera's typhoon response command center....

mayorcommand.jpg

Bicol which is to the east of the main island of Luzon took the brunt of the force from the typhoon. No one who I know was injured by the typhoon. Just wading in 2 feet of water in places.

"The biggest number of displaced people was reported in the Bicol region where “Tisoy” made a landfall late Monday evening, with 90,000 families or some 359,000 reported evacuees in Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Naga City, Catanduanes, Masbate, and Sorsogon."

bicol.jpg

Video of the typhoon making landfall on the main island of Luzon.....

Anilao was mostly protected from the storms. We had a boat damaged, as did a few others. It looked like it was going to be a direct hit but then went further south towards Mindoro.
From my friends in PG, seems like they were all fine and diving was going out the next day. Anilao is the same, though a lot of trash ended up on some of the dive sites here and in PG. Organising some dive site clear-ups today on the worst effected areas.

They went out to Sombrero Island yesterday and said minimal damage to the reef, and conditions were still good.

All our staff and locals on this side of the Verde Island Passage seem to have been spared damages to their houses etc.

Jon
www.blueribbondivers.com

Back
Top Bottom